How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

Until you've spent a nigh in the old Delhi domestic airport, don't fucking complain.

The new one is actually decent enough in Delhi. Bangalore being on par with some UK airports. Mumbai on the other hand was piss poor.

Sitting here right now, got though security within 5 minutes of entering the terminal. Seems to be running smoother now. If I hadn't left a gas meter key in my bag I'd have gotten through even quicker.

Suspected ninja throwing star!!

Edinburgh Airport is fine, and efficient enough. Never had any issues or delays there.

I think you were just grumpy about something else when you wrote this. ;)

Always grumpy - defcon grumpy in fact. They eventually put a tweet up to apologise for yesterday.

My experience with Edinburgh Airport was that that passport control when flying back in was always packed, but the last time I flew in (in March) it was a dawdle, strolled right up to the self service thing, straight in and through.

Munich airport is by far the best large airport I've ever used. It's just set out so well, with each check in area having it's own passport control and security desk, rather than it being centralised like in the UK airports. I think I've only ever once queued for any more than 10 minutes, and I used to fly through there pretty regularly.

The new security at Edinburgh should work well, but it's a farce because nobody seems to know what's going on. They keep trays the other side of the glass for ages leaving people standing around taking up tons of space, and that combined with the body scanner queues means it's difficult for people to get through the security gate, leading to huge tailbacks. If they could implement it properly I think it would be great, but the staff seem to be utterly hopeless at directing people successfully. Last time I went through Edinburgh I got the Fast Track security and that made my life a lot easier.

I would always rather fly in to Edinburgh than Glasgow, on the basis that its much easier to get to from Airdrie and its a much more pleasant experience. At least in Edinburgh all the gates back are on the main concourse, while in Glasgow once you're through on to the domestic pier all you can get is a coffee from the place at the BA gates or a paper from WHSmith. That being said, I haven't sampled the delights of the new extension yet.

The only issue is Flybe are charging nearly double what the want for a flight to Glasgow. I miraculously got a return flight, Southampton to Edinburgh for £99 in July on Glasgow fair weekend.

Budapest Airport is the worst one I've been to. They take you in a bus from the main building to a freezing leaky old shed next to the runway and make you stand in a queue while you wait for the plane to land. No seats, coffee, anything.

You're thinking of Inverness, mate.

Inverness is my favourite, sit outside in the beer/coffee garden for a last smoke till half an hour to go, cruise through security in 2 mins, sit at the bar until you see the last person going through the gate, stroll outside onto the plane. If Carlsberg ran airports etc..

Worst Airport in the world is Dusselfdorf Weeze (Which is no-where near Dusseldorf!)

Weeze is fine. Never too busy and always quick enough getting out. I either get the shuttle straight to Dusseldorf and have a beer at the airport while I wait, or if I can't be arsed hanging around get the train from Weeze itself.

Plus I always get good deals flying there with Ryanair. Never had a problem in Edinburgh at the other end either.