Jump to content
HTG

How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

Recommended Posts

Happy to report that Edinburgh Airport security took 5 minutes tops there and I'm currently sitting with a tax payer funded pint.

Thanks everyone (in the U.K.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Fifer    243

Have to agree with the poster a few above, I've been through Edinburgh four times this summer and it's been stress free and taken less than 15 minutes to get through security, and that includes when I was flying the same day as many of the tartan army were for the Lithuania game. On the way back, passport control easy and the checked luggage (which I never use apart from my last trip) was there as soon as I went round the corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
invergowrie arab    2,647

CHanged my mind. Fucking shambles. Security was fine but 5 gates all queuing in one narrow corridor and taking about an hour to board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnny Däpp    576
1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

CHanged my mind. Fucking shambles. Security was fine but 5 gates all queuing in one narrow corridor and taking about an hour to board

I've noticed it's taking a lot more time to board planes these days because of people carrying on luggage. Always the same carry on...I recently flew on a package holiday flight and couldn't believe how quick it was to board and leave the plane because most folk had their bags in the hold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angusfifer    292

Edinburgh is the best Scottish airport to fly from by some distance. An hour's drive from Lochee, easy parking, stress-free through the baggage checks and a decent choice of meals and drinks before your flight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
welshbairn    5,440
58 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Edinburgh is the best Scottish airport to fly from by some distance. An hour's drive from Lochee, easy parking, stress-free through the baggage checks and a decent choice of meals and drinks before your flight...

Better than Dundee? Inverness is my favourite surprisingly enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Savage Henry    2,276
Better than Dundee? Inverness is my favourite surprisingly enough.


The expansion of Inverness airport seems nice. A new bar, for one thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnny Däpp    576

Add Frankfurt am Main airport to the Shitelist. Connected before and thought it was great, had a point to point flight at the weekend and was a fuckin shambles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
welshbairn    5,440
On 09/09/2017 at 20:21, Savage Henry said:

 


The expansion of Inverness airport seems nice. A new bar, for one thing.

 

Only downside is the long walk around the building when you arrive, worth it for the new bar though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Granny Danger    5,837

I've never had an issue with Edinburgh.  Will be flying from there next Thursday; fast track through security and the new airport lounge booked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Savage Henry    2,276
15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Only downside is the long walk around the building when you arrive, worth it for the new bar though.

With one hand giveth, and with the other taketh away, I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Northboy    78

I flew from Edinburgh this past week for the first time in several years. Going out not too bad but still far from an enjoyable experience. Coming back they seemed determined to hold you up at every stage - 1hr, 35 minutes from the time the plane touched down until I got to my car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karpaty    827
10 hours ago, Northboy said:

I flew from Edinburgh this past week for the first time in several years. Going out not too bad but still far from an enjoyable experience. Coming back they seemed determined to hold you up at every stage - 1hr, 35 minutes from the time the plane touched down until I got to my car.

Not good news for me, when I fly back into Edinburgh I'll maybe have about an hour to get the coach back to Glasgow. Is there a pub landside  at Edinburgh (before security) - I'm usually hopelessly early for flights but I'm stickless for time. And can I get a pint at five or six in the morning, that'd be grand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doulikefish    1,847
9 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Not good news for me, when I fly back into Edinburgh I'll maybe have about an hour to get the coach back to Glasgow. Is there a pub landside  at Edinburgh (before security) - I'm usually hopelessly early for flights but I'm stickless for time. And can I get a pint at five or six in the morning, that'd be grand.

yip theres a spoons,go up the escalator towards security and its on the left hand side before you go through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BallochSonsFan    464
On 13/09/2017 at 21:23, Johnny Däpp said:

Add Frankfurt am Main airport to the Shitelist. Connected before and thought it was great, had a point to point flight at the weekend and was a fuckin shambles

I like the idea of having the Lufthansa check in desks at the train station as well as in the main airport building. Makes it an absolute doddle to check in when you get off your train to the airport.

Its huge though. And a pain in the hole when the smaller flights get bussed for about 10 minutes from the tarmac to the airport building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×