How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

Travelled through Antalya airport last night and was one of my least favourites. Numerous extra security checks including getting the contents of your hand luggage tipped out and just about everything swapped for explosive residue!! Not to mention them putting passport control about 10 feet past the security checks so that the passport control backs up and no-one can get they're bags scanned etc because of it.

Travelled through Antalya airport last night and was one of my least favourites. Numerous extra security checks including getting the contents of your hand luggage tipped out and just about everything swapped for explosive residue!! Not to mention them putting passport control about 10 feet past the security checks so that the passport control backs up and no-one can get they're bags scanned etc because of it.

Antalya is a atrocious especially during the summer months. The line to get inside the terminal building is quite daunting. The extra security checks have improved tenfold from when they were introduced. They would start checking everyone's bags 10 min before the flight boarded, missing out 70% of the passengers.

The new food hall type thing is quite decent and reasonably priced for an airport.

The main issue with Antalya is lack of staff at all these checkpoints.

• 3 weeks later...

Went through Edinburgh airport on Saturday afternoon and it was a piece of piss. Heathrow on Monday however wasn't so great. That said in both airports all the staff, especially those on security, looked like they wanted to die. Can't recall a time when I saw so many miserable b*****ds in one place.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 17:31, RiG said:

Went through Edinburgh airport on Saturday afternoon and it was a piece of piss. Heathrow on Monday however wasn't so great. That said in both airports all the staff, especially those on security, looked like they wanted to die. Can't recall a time when I saw so many miserable b*****ds in one place.

London City is similar in terms of the number of folk who clearly hate their jobs making it obvious how much they hate their jobs.

Something that I found a little strange over my last few trips home is how different airports in the same countries have different requirements as far as security goes. On the way home last time for example I went Glasgow to London City, then London City to Zürich. The security requirements at London City were different to Glasgow. As an example, one of the other folk who was doing the same route as me had 3 clear plastic bags with toiletries/other assorted liquids/whatever which was fine in Glasgow but when going back through security in London was told that you were only allowed a maximum of 2 bags with that sort of stuff in it. There then proceeded a 10 minute argument between the guy who kept pointing out that his bags were fine like that in Glasgow and the security guard who just kept repeating "This isn't Glasgow. A maximum of 2 bags only."

I breezed through because I carry next to f**k all with me when traveling alone.

Edinburgh Airport is getting progressively worse btw. The last few years it seems noticeably less organised every time I have to use it.

The A8 from the airport to Newbridge junction is a fucking joke between 4 and 6:30. In the morning it’s the off slip from the M9. Will take an absolute major infrastructure project to resolve that problem. A flyover direct from the A8 to the M9 North bound with a slip to the roundabout for Broxburn / M9 South (M8) is the only solution. Not that I’ve never sat and thought hard about this seeing as I’m regularly stuck in it :lol: 

It’s just so poorly designed. Even getting out of the airport. I thought leaving after 6 would be fine but hell no it wasn’t.

I'm flying out of Edinburgh to Frankfurt in a couple of weeks.

Last time I did it I was at the airport way too early. It was during a particularly shite spell for Scotrail and I think the morning I got the train through to Edinburgh Park was about the only day that month where everything was on time.

Flying home on the afternoon flight so I'll get back into Edinburgh around 18:00. I'm expecting both Frankfurt and Edinburgh to be mayhem for my flights home.

I hear a lot of complaints about the smaller Scottish island airports from locals. Now most folks on small islands know each so is there any point to giving Hector or Hamish the full Heathrow security treatment.

ffs, it's only a hospital appointment in Glasgow not effin Syria folks are off to.

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

A bit off-topic, and apologies for that ; but where would people recommend as the best hotel closest to the airport?

I'd stay in Edinburgh, half an hour by bus unless it's rush hour. Airport hotels are shit. Below is my favourite, but my demands are low. Location over luxury.

http://www.hoppo.com/edinburgh

Edinburgh, stay at the Ibis opposites Morrisons at the Gyle - closer to the airport so wins by not being in the middle of the cuntery that is Edinburgh.