How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

2 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Kyiv Zhulyany a piece of pish. Helps that's basically no one here. :lol: Hopefully Gdansk airport is similar and is only one terminal for arrivals/departures. 

Yup.

Went through Edinburgh last month and it was a shambles. The "queues" were spilling out past the checkout gates and on the way back going through customs there were queues coming from every direction. No organisation whatsoever.

Best airports are Hong Kong, Kansai, Singapore and Vancouver.

Went through Edinburgh last month and it was a shambles. The "queues" were spilling out past the checkout gates and on the way back going through customs there were queues coming from every direction. No organisation whatsoever.
Best airports are Hong Kong, Kansai, Singapore and Vancouver.

Used to be able to be sitting in my apartment less than an hour after landing in Hong Kong. Seamless.

The only issue I've had in there recently was when the big airside Costa was doing that bacon roll for a quid promotion and perhaps 95% of the customers were buying. Folk were getting right stressed out about who had the next bacon roll coming out the oven.

Not been in during their current Crumpet for a quid offering.

I flew from Edinburgh to Cork on a Saturday a couple of months back, and this was before the peak summer stuff was just starting, and I spent nearly 40 minutes going through security. God knows what it would be like now in July. The airport's passenger numbers and routes list keeps growing, but they are not improving the infrastructure quick enough to keep up with it. Can't fling a cat in the place.

Edited by Snakebite

It's appalling. I flew out last Saturday and every single cafe, restaurant and bar in the airport was completely full and had a pretty large queue to get in.

Coming back on Saturday night there, we were ushered into what seemed to be a new passport control/baggage hall down at the opposite side of the airport. The passport control was good, far more scanners and desks than present but the baggage hall was one big belt for four flights. An absolute rammy, and there were three female and two male toilet cubicles for circa 500 people coming off flights. Assuming it's temporary as it's not fit for purpose - much like the airport in general.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Fife, 25 minutes from Edinburgh airport, 1 hour 15 minutes from Glasgow. Give me Glasgow everytime.

I spend more time getting frisked in Edinburgh than it takes to go through the entire security procedure in Glasgow.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm flying from Edinburgh again in December for my next trip to Mannheim.

Air side is pretty basic. You've got places for food and drink but theres not a whole lot to do. Sure it's a lot smaller than the big hub airports but you'd expect there to be something more given the number of international carriers who use it as their Scottish route airport. 

Never had any issues with security in January. Things may have changed since then - obviously there were the news reports over the summer of big queues at European airports. I'm expecting a long queue at Frankfurt on the way home given I'll be flying back the week before Christmas. Not really expecting much hassle at Edinburgh. I'll take the hit in going a bit earlier to make sure that I've got time to cover any problems but thats just common sense.

Ahh, different country nevermind hotel :lol:  London city the only London airport I've not done yet if we forget that Southend effort. 

London is a good airport to arrive at , but to have to sit to wait on an international flight it's intolerable. Far too small, people wandering about looking for seats to sit or eat at the many #two eating establishments.

Apparently Berlin Brandenburg will be opening October 2019. Berliners will hold a referendum on the 24th of September on whether Berlin Tegel should remain open.

I flew back into Edinburgh on Monday and ended up in "International Arrivals 2", which is at the opposite end from (what is now) "International Arrivals 1", next to domestic arrivals. It basically looked like an old converted warehouse.

Is there a plan to spruce this up into a permanent fixture? Because it was actually quite good to arrive at gate 19 and not have to get a bus for miles round to the other end.  Getting through immigration was also a breeze.