How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

3 hours ago, Waspy said:

Apparently Berlin Brandenburg will be opening October 2019. Berliners will hold a referendum on the 24th of September on whether Berlin Tegel should remain open.

P.S. Just googled it, what a fucking disaster. It makes the Edinburgh tram debacle look like the pinnacle of efficiency. Come to think of it that was a German contractor too I think. Three times over budget and climbing.

19107268_401.png

Edited by welshbairn

It's incredible that Berlin-Brandenburg is still not open.  I flew out of Schoenfeld in 2008 and it was a construction mess due to the new airport being built next to it and it's still not open.  If this was being built in a country with a reputation for less organization and more corruption (like Italy, Greece or Russia as examples) I wouldn't be as surprised but Ze Germans are supposed to be the organized ones.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

It's incredible that Berlin-Brandenburg is still not open.  I flew out of Schoenfeld in 2008 and it was a construction mess due to the new airport being built next to it and it's still not open.  If this was being built in a country with a reputation for less organization and more corruption (like Italy, Greece or Russia as examples) I wouldn't be as surprised but Ze Germans are supposed to be the organized ones.

They were days away from the opening ceremony in 2012 when they found out contractors had fucked up the wiring, lifts, sprinkler system and even the doors. They should probably just have knocked it down and started again. 8 years of fixing snags ffs.

More details here. Mindboggling clusterfuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Brandenburg_Airport#Construction_failures

Edited by welshbairn

It's weird driving to Schönefeld and you can see all the roads and signs for Brandenburg all covered up. It's crazy to think how this all went wrong for them and how they got away with it.

Have to agree with the poster a few above, I've been through Edinburgh four times this summer and it's been stress free and taken less than 15 minutes to get through security, and that includes when I was flying the same day as many of the tartan army were for the Lithuania game. On the way back, passport control easy and the checked luggage (which I never use apart from my last trip) was there as soon as I went round the corner.

58 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Edinburgh is the best Scottish airport to fly from by some distance. An hour's drive from Lochee, easy parking, stress-free through the baggage checks and a decent choice of meals and drinks before your flight...

Better than Dundee? Inverness is my favourite surprisingly enough.

On 09/09/2017 at 20:21, Savage Henry said:

The expansion of Inverness airport seems nice. A new bar, for one thing.

Only downside is the long walk around the building when you arrive, worth it for the new bar though.

I flew from Edinburgh this past week for the first time in several years. Going out not too bad but still far from an enjoyable experience. Coming back they seemed determined to hold you up at every stage - 1hr, 35 minutes from the time the plane touched down until I got to my car.

10 hours ago, Northboy said:

I flew from Edinburgh this past week for the first time in several years. Going out not too bad but still far from an enjoyable experience. Coming back they seemed determined to hold you up at every stage - 1hr, 35 minutes from the time the plane touched down until I got to my car.

Not good news for me, when I fly back into Edinburgh I'll maybe have about an hour to get the coach back to Glasgow. Is there a pub landside  at Edinburgh (before security) - I'm usually hopelessly early for flights but I'm stickless for time. And can I get a pint at five or six in the morning, that'd be grand.

9 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Not good news for me, when I fly back into Edinburgh I'll maybe have about an hour to get the coach back to Glasgow. Is there a pub landside  at Edinburgh (before security) - I'm usually hopelessly early for flights but I'm stickless for time. And can I get a pint at five or six in the morning, that'd be grand.

yip theres a spoons,go up the escalator towards security and its on the left hand side before you go through

On 13/09/2017 at 21:23, Johnny Däpp said:

Add Frankfurt am Main airport to the Shitelist. Connected before and thought it was great, had a point to point flight at the weekend and was a fuckin shambles

I like the idea of having the Lufthansa check in desks at the train station as well as in the main airport building. Makes it an absolute doddle to check in when you get off your train to the airport.

Its huge though. And a pain in the hole when the smaller flights get bussed for about 10 minutes from the tarmac to the airport building.