Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

It's interesting to read you believe our defence is our weakest position and requires strengthening. Our backline is probably our strongest area with a good goalkeeper, two good centre-backs in the Dunlop brothers (and a half-decent one in David Marsh) and solid full-backs like Ross Meechan and Ruaridh Donaldson.

What we are lacking is width (which you acknowledge), pace and creativity in attack.

I also appreciate you're partially sighted but it may be worth getting someone to take a look at your copy before you post because there are a lot of typos and spelling mistakes across the text. Nonetheless, your effort can't be faulted. Keep the articles coming.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It's interesting to read you believe our defence is our weakest position and requires strengthening. Our backline is probably our strongest area with a good goalkeeper, two good centre-backs in the Dunlop brothers (and a half-decent one in David Marsh) and solid full-backs like Ross Meechan and Ruaridh Donaldson.

What we are lacking is width (which you acknowledge), pace and creativity in attack.

I also appreciate you're partially sighted but it may be worth getting someone to take a look at your copy before you post because there are a lot of typos and spelling mistakes across the text. Nonetheless, your effort can't be faulted. Keep the articles coming.

Thanks for the feedback. I have looked back over the article and changed anything I now notice one misspelt etc but if I've missed more things then apologies and would be happy to fix if anyone can alert me to my errors. 

In terns of the foot all ckmnebts; fair enough if I've maybe misjudged the situation. I felt it was the full-back positions in which you guys are short but I'm happy to be corrected if wrong. 

Agree on the creative side in terms of a winger as Furtado and Cook can't be easy to replace. I thought Scott and Ferry were attacking midfielders and I'm sure Blockley likes getting forward too so I felt you were well covered in that area but you will know more about the style of play; formations and tactics of the team to advise further if I've got this wrong too. 

All the best for the season. 

Hello there Warriors,

Please try out this Stenhousemuir quiz and give any feedback on it! https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/stenhousemuir-top-5-scorers-since-9899

Can you name the top Stenhousemuir scorers per season? You only need to type surnames. Good luck and good luck tomorrow!

Thank You.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Good quiz, I managed about 72 out of 120. I wasn't following the club at the turn of the millennium so some of the names meant nothing to me. 

Thanks for the feedback. The ones at the turn of the millennium are tricky for most clubs- hard to find out exactly who the players are when making the quizzes as well, but I did them for all the SPFL Premiership clubs so it is only fair that I apply it to the rest of the teams, and it provides more of a challenge! Unless they joined the league structure later.

Must admit boays, Ally Roy has been very impressive for us so far. Frighteningly quick and bagged a peach yesterday. We've been deploying him wide which seems to suit him, if he could work on his final ball a bit he'd be a cracker.

Made me look a right tit for slating the signing of him. Really surprised he struggled with you boys last season based on what we've seen of him so far. Direct, pacey and always looking for the ball.

On 11/08/2017 at 15:27, JockysJetpack said:

Thanks for the feedback. The ones at the turn of the millennium are tricky for most clubs- hard to find out exactly who the players are when making the quizzes as well, but I did them for all the SPFL Premiership clubs so it is only fair that I apply it to the rest of the teams, and it provides more of a challenge! Unless they joined the league structure later.

There a Clyde one?

16 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Must admit boays, Ally Roy has been very impressive for us so far. Frighteningly quick and bagged a peach yesterday. We've been deploying him wide which seems to suit him, if he could work on his final ball a bit he'd be a cracker.

Made me look a right tit for slating the signing of him. Really surprised he struggled with you boys last season based on what we've seen of him so far. Direct, pacey and always looking for the ball.

I'm pleased to read he's making a positive impact at Dumbarton. While I was unsure about his capabilities as a player, I never once doubted his heart and his effort and it's great to see it's being rewarded at a higher level with the Sons. I don't think our manager ever really fancied him.

Best of luck to him, and best of luck to Dumbarton, the biggest small club in the country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, qpfc said:

Thoughts on Ciaran Summers? On the bench for QP today 

I really liked Ciaran Summers during his time at Stenhousemuir. He broke into the first team under Scott Booth at the tail end of 2013/14 and looked like a handy wee player, very comfortable on the ball, a good burst of pace over short distances and, with time, a decent cross on him. He was probably the brightest youngster we've had at the time and was one of the few boys to look good under Booth's dismal tenure.

When we survived the play-offs in 2014/15 (where we defeated Queen's Park), Summers was expected to improve further and maybe make a move further up the food chain but he was done in by injuries. He missed a lot of game time with growing pains, whatever that means, and when he eventually came back into the team he didn't seem to have the same sparkle; he was just an ordinary left-back.

I thought he might have stayed at Ochilview after our relegation but he left in the quixotic pursuit of full-time football. After the last 18 months, it seemed a bit pie in the sky and I'm not surprised he's back at a part-time club. Still, he could have done with the fresh start and I hope he's a massive success at Queen's Park. He seems like a likeable player.