Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

40 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Ross Meechan coming to the Loons - thoughts?  I see he can play anywhere across the back.

Ross Meechan is one of my all-time favourite Stenhousemuir players. He's a very handy right-back but he can fill in in the middle and on the left if need be. He also played in central midfield for the latter part of the 2014/15 season.

He's a good defender - he's strong, reads the game well and he can carry out instructions to the letter. His biggest weakness is his crossing. He often works brilliant overlaps only to shank it out of play.

Very sorry to see him go.

Not so surprised, or disappointed, about Chris Smith, provided we have a decent replacement lined up. However, Ross Dunlop is a big blow. Can only imagine has been offered better money somewhere else, as he was one of our top performers last season.

Ross Dunlop has signed for East Fife as far as I am aware.  We only have 2 players signed at the moment by all accounts, Mr Goals and Mark Ferry.  From what I have heard there are a number of issues at play at the moment which do not auger well for next year and will come out in the wash later on.  I would be surprised if we can attract any half decent players although I have heard that we may be signing a Stranraer centre half.

I think it's plain to see how difficult this season is going to be. Obviously being blown out the water by teams like Forfar and East Fife doesn't bode well.

I'd imagine Donaldson will be off as well.

As is Ross Dunlop for East Fife. So consistent and a great foil for a physical aggressive centre back due to his pace.

Neill sounds like a positive signing a few teams in that league seem to have fancied him.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:22, Moonglum25 said:

Ross Dunlop has signed for East Fife as far as I am aware.  We only have 2 players signed at the moment by all accounts, Mr Goals and Mark Ferry.  From what I have heard there are a number of issues at play at the moment which do not auger well for next year and will come out in the wash later on.  I would be surprised if we can attract any half decent players although I have heard that we may be signing a Stranraer centre half.

Come on, Moonie, don't keep all the good stuff to yourself!

39 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Buzz Smith from Brechin confirmed. Seems a really good bit of business on paper certainly on par with Chris Smith if not better.

Excellent news. Good keeper, good centre half, good centre mid and good centre forward signed. All in, good.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

Buzz Smith from Brechin confirmed. Seems a really good bit of business on paper certainly on par with Chris Smith if not better.

That's a cracking signing. I know he's a bit mad, but I thought he was excellent against us both times we faced him last season - especially in the home game where it took two smashing late goals to finally beat him.