Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

50 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If it's good enough for Wikipedia, it's good enough for me

It can be useful, but it's not the most reliable of sources.

stenny.thumb.jpg.71fa9cfb1709c7a989c126df60dc8528.jpg

Edited by Waspie

I'm absolutely delighted to see a player of Jamie Longworth's calibre join Stenhousemuir. I know he didn't have all that great a season last year with Alloa Athletic but, with the right level of service, he might just be one of the best poachers in the lower leagues. His timing and his movement inside the penalty box is fantastic - he always seems to find himself in the right place at the right time to turn home well-worked moves. I do hope he can show the same spark here as he did with Queen's Park and Stranraer and I'm really looking forward to see how he dovetails with Mark McGuigan (and Colin McMenamin, of course!)

Now we need to make sure we can get two good wingers to supplement him. Judging by the standard of import so far, I've have reasonably solid hopes. Our possible starting XI next term:

- Longworth - McGuigan -

- LW - Blockley - Scott - RW -

- LB - M. Dunlop - R. Dunlop - Meechan -

- GK (Chris Smith?) -

We're about seven or eight players away from having a decent squad to challenge for promotion.

Signing from McMenanins flat as well is class as well as the McDonald's one. I hope to see more of this innovation.

Chris Smith applying pen to paper, whilst dogging, at the Burger King at Stirling Services is going to be special.

Yes lads! Here we are, scrabbling about in the muck and the mire of League 2, back in the basement division after eight years away. I'm looking forward to the season ahead and interacting with our counterparts from across the league, from thick-as-fuck trolls like JakeSAFC to tiresome teens like berwick-the-unbeatable and Yellow Feet, from world-class posters like David W and Mr Blobby to the Nanna fans and their crude use of the English language.

It's going to be tremendous fun.

Looking at last year's league table, there's quite a lot of dross. A lot will change squad wise for all teams but I'm looking forward to (hopefully!) not scraping around the drop zone all season

You'd be surprised. Teams set up to not get beat now with this new relegation spot. Totally different from the way it used to be imo.

Yes lads! Here we are, scrabbling about in the muck and the mire of League 2, back in the basement division after eight years away. I'm looking forward to the season ahead and interacting with our counterparts from across the league, from thick-as-f**k trolls like JakeSAFC to tiresome teens like berwick-the-unbeatable and Yellow Feet, from world-class posters like David W and Mr Blobby to the Nanna fans and their crude use of the English language.
It's going to be tremendous fun.

Welcome back, can't wait to shag you lot rotten x

Ps, this forum is a lot more fun than the boring as f**k League 1 forum.