Low Pay in the Scottish Premiership

Tonight, the BBC will air a documentary called 'Low Pay For Life', in which seven of our top clubs will be "named and shamed" for not paying workers a living wage.

The clubs who don't the living wage are...

Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell, Hamilton, Partick Thistle, St Johnstone and shockingly, Celtic.

Should be interesting viewing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shite state of affairs from Saints.

I'd much rather we sacrificed a squad player - McFadden for example - and pay the workers the living wage. No excuse for it, especially when you brand yourselves as a family club.

Pretty poor from us. We've raked in a hell of a lot of money from McArthur's sell-on, Andreu, McAvoy and Neil going to Norwich and Hendrie's compensation within the last year so no excuses. We're willing to spend at least £1m on a dome and £300,000 on pitch repairs (despite being told our pitch is pyoor top notch) yet can't pay the people an appropriate wage - embarrassing.

These clubs should instantly be relegated with this seasons relegations/playoffs scrapped. Its the only fair way to deal with a problem as large as this.

Standard to see ICT not on that list of scum clubs. We really are the greatest club in the country. By some distance.

Shite state of affairs from Saints.

I'd much rather we sacrificed a squad player - McFadden for example - and pay the workers the living wage. No excuse for it, especially when you brand yourselves as a family club.

Saints can't afford to pay workers the living wage - need the money for infrastructure and that

A whit?

A dome :lol: It's meant to be getting built over the 7s pitch behind the goal and will "host concerts and boxing matches" etc. It got brought up when we were doing really well and everyone was in harmony but there's been no talk of it since Canning took over.

I can't believe we're not on that list. We must have got out of it on a technicality or just not bothered to respond to the media inquiries.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/scotland/dundee-united-and-st-johnstone-among-clubs-slammed-over-living-wage-1.876013

Hearts are the only Scottish club which is an accredited living wage employer, and the BBC was unable to establish what the pay rates at the remaining clubs were.

I can't believe we're not on that list. We must have got out of it on a technicality or just not bothered to respond to the media inquiries.

'top' clubs only mate.

Archived