The Montrose Thread

Pity that last gasp effort didn't go in at Elgin. If it had done, not only would we have got all 3 points but we'd have then won away against every other team in the division this season. Doubt if we've ever been anywhere near that before.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 4 games to go what a brilliant position to be in after the start we had under hegarty. Stewart petrie has us playing to our potential now, a win over forfar Saturday and I can see us getting a spot.

Surprised when the management brought Fleming back in against Stirling. However proved correct decision looking at the last few games. Guess that's why I'm standing on the terraces shouting shite and bumping my gums.
Delighted the way things have gone since Petrie has come in. Away at Turriff early doors was a big pointer to a fight avoiding bottom again. Same players, different management and no losses away since coming in.

Brilliant to see the mo winning again today against forfar and keeping the play off chances alive. Have to say Links Park has been buzzing last 4-5 games, what a difference since sp has come in long may it continue.

Only 12 points off the top spot is quite frustrating. Not saying we would be winning the league had SP been appointed a ccouple of months earlier, but it's not too much of a jump to think we could have been at least challenging. It's great to at last have a manager who seems able to get the best out of what was always a decent squad 

The determination of the lads at present means I can't wait until the next game even though most are a fair trek for me. Makes all the difference when you go somewhere expecting to win rather than just hoping for a point here and there. Also great to see more Mo fans at away games now - see you at Berwick - bring it on.

We've always had a more than capable squad however when they are being played out of position they don't perform to the best of their capabilities.  Take Cammy Ballantyne looked rubbish and not interested under H&H however played in the correct position under SP and he's been a revelation.  Templeman is another who has bought in to the gaffers ideas and looks as if he is just starting his career rather than it winding down 

Superb chance next week to consolidate top four in this excellent second half of the season promotion push. Petrie's record has been fantastic.

Not looking forward to the Aberdeen-Annan-Aberdeen drive next Saturday, but very much looking forward to the game!

COYM!

Well done to the mo yesterday for reaching the play offs probably the last thing we were thinking of in November time when heggy got sacked. Amazing turnaround sp has done to the team since he has came, hopefully the good times we will be coming back to lp under Petrie and his staff.

Archived