The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/05/2017 at 03:36, smokiesupper said:

Dinna kid yerself on. League 2 player for a reason..... cash or pish.

If I could sign 1 defensive player from any team in league 2, it would be steeves. 

On the flip side, it definitely wouldn't be Craig Johnston. (attackers)

If I could sign 1 defensive player from any team in league 2, it would be steeves. 
On the flip side, it definitely wouldn't be Craig Johnston. (attackers)

Presume you have seen him play??

Excellent to see so much activity done this early. Looking forward to next season already. Delighted with Steeves and Allan at the back. Possibly a little heavy in the central mid position, but an optimistic squad for the term ahead, with a few fan favourites tied down for another 12 months. [emoji3]

CJ is very very bad. He is a strong fit lad but that's it. Bemused that another league club has signed him.

I'd say I wish him well but similar to Liam you are in the same division as us so I hope they crash and burn.

Just come back from Texas and overwhelmed by all this news about signings. Most un-Mo like at this stage of the close season but shows a much greater ambition. 

Not wishing to put a dampener on it at all but mustn't get too carried away because some of our failings are still not yet sorted. For instance Cammy Ballantyne will take some replacing at right back. Also although Sanny was great when SP came along he's another year older and won't be any quicker. Our strike force still looks thin and that was a problem last season. Not sure Craig Johnston is the answer but still early days and I expect more new signings as other clubs' release lists are sifted through. I guess many development players will be up for grabs and hopefully we can snap up a striker there. 

Just come back from Texas and overwhelmed by all this news about signings. Most un-Mo like at this stage of the close season but shows a much greater ambition. 
Not wishing to put a dampener on it at all but mustn't get too carried away because some of our failings are still not yet sorted. For instance Cammy Ballantyne will take some replacing at right back. Also although Sanny was great when SP came along he's another year older and won't be any quicker. Our strike force still looks thin and that was a problem last season. Not sure Craig Johnston is the answer but still early days and I expect more new signings as other clubs' release lists are sifted through. I guess many development players will be up for grabs and hopefully we can snap up a striker there. 

Terry Masson a stick on to play RB now.

Archived