The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mo83 said:

You would think after Saturday comments about a applauding a death you would wind your fucking neck in a bit... Do us all a favour and f**k off

There were over 1000 people that actually did applaud. I bowed my head in a dignified silence, showing proper respect for the departed.

There were over 1000 people that actually did applaud. I bowed my head in a dignified silence, showing proper respect for the departed.

Show some respect please and stop acting the clown

I see Ross Campbell has been appointed as Petrie's assistant. Interesting move 

Until the end of the season. My initial thoughts are that Petrie possibly has someone lined up to take the role permanently but they're at another club just now.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 16:16, mo83 said:

Heard that aswell and think it would be a good move if it happens. I would keep Ross Campbell as some sort of coaching role aswell

Fraser needs to start scoring goals,hasn`t seem to be to interested this season since he got his new contract.It will look bad at the end of the season when he has more yellow/red cards than goals.

Stuart Malcolm. You read it here first!  

Malcolm asked to be released Manager refused , then changed his mind by Thursday , and told Malcolm he could go , Malcolm decided to stay with use , but Petrie did offer Malcolm the job again and asked him to take it up at the end of the season .

Well another good 3 points away on the road last night and I've finally stopped looking down the table. Big upcoming game with Annan at home where our record isn't great but nows the time to start changing that.

No one's mentioned it but was kind of hoping for all 4 angus clubs in the playoff but Elgin and Brechin screwed that up a bit last night.

Anyway the point to the post is to recognise the board and temporary Chairman standing up and making the decision to change manager at the right time and looking to have made a cracking appointment.

Time to get back to reading some other clubs entertaining threads which are fun to read.

On 1/31/2017 at 19:29, Scorge said:

Very happy with our January business under SP, definite feeling of pushing for the 'right' playoffs this time given the squad at his disposal now.

I doubt if it's possible to officially object to any particular referee but it would be unwise to appoint Gavin Ross to another Montrose game this season. It would surely be not good for either him or us after yesterday. Some used to hate getting Matt Northcroft but please, please Matt, come back - Heggy isn't playing at present anyway!

I doubt if it's possible to officially object to any particular referee but it would be unwise to appoint Gavin Ross to another Montrose game this season. It would surely be not good for either him or us after yesterday. Some used to hate getting Matt Northcroft but please, please Matt, come back - Heggy isn't playing at present anyway!

You really don't want Mat Northcroft back, see our sending off yesterday for evidence!

I was wondering, now that the Mo are not in relegation trouble and probably too far behind to trouble the play-offs, who do we want to contest the relegation play-off position? For me anyway, I don't want Cowden to go down (nor Clyde). As a programme collector, Cowden's is the best in our division, a  truely great read. (Clyde have won numerous awards for theirs which is better printed and more colour in it, but Cowden's has more in it). Also Cowden have a town behind them and are part of the community which Clyde and Edinburgh City don't have. So, in conclusion, I want Edinburgh City to fill the play-off spot. Agree or disagree?

I wouldn't wish 10th place on anybody but whoever it is I wish them well and hope they win the play-off. That's because I've never liked the pyramid system. It does not improve anything in Scottish football and those few who want to come into the SPFL should be let in and we could then have a more interesting 18 team division.

I wouldn't wish 10th place on anybody but whoever it is I wish them well and hope they win the play-off. That's because I've never liked the pyramid system. It does not improve anything in Scottish football and those few who want to come into the SPFL should be let in and we could then have a more interesting 18 team division.

Of course it improves things it would be ridiculous to say otherwise.

It's made teams actually have a bit of ambition about themselves instead of being happy with mediocrity. You'd think you'd appreciate it as a fan of a team that's not been out of the league for 20 year. The league simply cannot be a closed shop.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Of course it improves things it would be ridiculous to say otherwise.

It's made teams actually have a bit of ambition about themselves instead of being happy with mediocrity. You'd think you'd appreciate it as a fan of a team that's not been out of the league for 20 year. The league simply cannot be a closed shop.

Nah i'm with him. How has it improved things? The football is utterly chronic because teams are shiting it. Clubs will get themselves in serious bother financially because they don't want to drop out and you would definitely see a lot more kids getting a decent chance. This playing each other four times is a joke too, make the leagues bigger.

Nah i'm with him. How has it improved things? The football is utterly chronic because teams are shiting it. Clubs will get themselves in serious bother financially because they don't want to drop out and you would definitely see a lot more kids getting a decent chance. This playing each other four times is a joke too, make the leagues bigger.

Bigger leagues would make the league far less exciting. Having 10 places, of which 5 mean something is much better. This 4 times a year nonsense is a joke too, once every 10/11/12 weeks big deal.

And it's improved things because the whole league is now competitive. If it wasn't then the teams currently sitting 5th to 10th would have nothing to play for the last 9 games!!!!!

It's hardly a competition if failure in it doesn't mean anything. Plenty of clubs willing to come in and take the places of clubs who have no ambition to do anything.

I think it'll plateau out in the end, there's not that many smaller clubs that face real trouble of relegation like Shire (gone) and Cowdenbeath in the leagues.

Also an 18 team league with no relegation spots, an 18 team league where only FOUR spots were meaningful. f**k me and I thought Doncaster was bad. :lol:

Can just imagine the excitement around the 13th placed team playing the 15th placed team on match day 18!!!!! :lol:

Archived