The Montrose Thread

Can somebody tell me why Montrose have uploaded today's highlights prior to the midnight curfew time?

I don't know if you're aware of the impact doing this has but it's a clear breach of SPFL rules and costs the Scottish game millions per year at a time where our negotiating powers in foreign markets SHOULD be stronger than ever. What a Montrose cameraman may feel is harmless is actually threatening the game - taking more money out of it at a time where clubs at this level especially need all the help they can get.

If someone was to be browsing, find these highlights on a Saturday night and report them to the SPFL, the club could be seriously sanctioned with a fine which will be heavy due to the impact the upload has. It not only affects bargaining position but also existing relations.

Thankfully, I don't think anyone would be so sad to report it. Would they?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can somebody tell me why Montrose have uploaded today's highlights prior to the midnight curfew time?

I don't know if you're aware of the impact doing this has but it's a clear breach of SPFL rules and costs the Scottish game millions per year at a time where our negotiating powers in foreign markets SHOULD be stronger than ever. What a Montrose cameraman may feel is harmless is actually threatening the game - taking more money out of it at a time where clubs at this level especially need all the help they can get.

If someone was to be browsing, find these highlights on a Saturday night and report them to the SPFL, the club could be seriously sanctioned with a fine which will be heavy due to the impact the upload has. It not only affects bargaining position but also existing relations.

You're a fucking weirdo.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

What a twat. That was the Cowdenbeath cameraman's highlights. Montrose video hasn't been uploaded yet. :1eye

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

2nd yellow for celebrating with their fans.

complete joke. a bit silly though with an incompetent referee that gave out cards for fun. never a penalty for me.

1 hour ago, OZMO said:

complete joke. a bit silly though with an incompetent referee that gave out cards for fun. never a penalty for me.

I've always thought it was a daft rule Oz but as Muzz says Fraser should have known better, his first was for saying something to the ref at the first red card. An experienced pro who as I say got sent off for two needless bookings.

I've always thought it was a daft rule Oz but as Muzz says Fraser should have known better, his first was for saying something to the ref at the first red card. An experienced pro who as I say got sent off for two needless bookings.

Both red cards were merited and silly. Leaves us a bit short up front for next week game against Berwick. Maybe will hasten the move for the new striker the manager is after.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Rules are rules but that is utter shite, sent off for high fiving bairns. Rule needs changed.

Not so much that the rules need changing but the referees need to show some common sense. It's not as if he was trying to wind up opposition fans.

He should have  been booked for diving though.

22 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

You at this nonsense again, you really need to f**k off, and get a new hobby

21 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

The rule isn't about winding up opposition fans though. The referee was 100% correct to book him and could have been in trouble if he didn't. He's not to blame. 

Gary Fraser is his own worst enemy,his first booking was for an incident that did not involve him,his majority of bookings have been for one thing,talking back to referees.His second booking was for celebrating with the fans,why didn't the referee book the other Montrose players for celebrating the goal?I think he was hard done to but the referee was making the point he was rubbish for the full 90 minutes,worst referee I have seen this season

6 hours ago, MoJest said:

Gary Fraser is his own worst enemy,his first booking was for an incident that did not involve him,his majority of bookings have been for one thing,talking back to referees.His second booking was for celebrating with the fans,why didn't the referee book the other Montrose players for celebrating the goal?I think he was hard done to but the referee was making the point he was rubbish for the full 90 minutes,worst referee I have seen this season

Agree the ref was shit but he did give you a soft penalty. If Fraser get booked a lot for talking back to refs he needs pulled up about it, if I was a manager I would be raging - no point in arguing with the ref even if he is wrong as he will never change his mind.

Archived