The Montrose Thread

With the season near at the end,it will be a interesting summer to see who hegarty and holt will try and bring in.Thought Andrew steeves was brilliant at centre half yesterday if we could get a experienced centre half to play along side him for next season would be a great help.

Steeves was very good y

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steeves was excellent yesterday along with Terry masson.Hopefully see a bit more of Lloyd Hester kane brother he is meant to be a good player aswell never seen him play myself yet.Not a clue what's happening with Gary fraser last I heard the club were offering him a job aswell as a new deal.

Steeves was excellent yesterday along with Terry masson.Hopefully see a bit more of Lloyd Hester kane brother he is meant to be a good player aswell never seen him play myself yet.Not a clue what's happening with Gary fraser last I heard the club were offering him a job aswell as a new deal.

I've heard the contract he's been offered is very very very good. I'd be surprised if he left.

Anyone else, really glad not to have any special interest in trapdoorwatch thread this season? I read it but have made a point of not commenting there. Agree with pyramid but can't see Meadowbank Thistle "Reprise" a.k.a. Edinbvrgh City will be much of an addition. Hope that Shirey Pirey can prevail over the two legs. Really out of twisted prejudice engendered mostly because of how we entered the most horrendous tailspin following our cup exit to fellow "you'll have had your tea" City Boots, boots, boots marching up and down again, Hutcheson Vale Lothian Thistle, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub FC.

Assuming that is Cove don't pull a Lazarus on Saturday and overcome the 0-3 deficit.

Anyone else, really glad not to have any special interest in trapdoorwatch thread this season? I read it but have made a point of not commenting there. Agree with pyramid but can't see Meadowbank Thistle "Reprise" a.k.a. Edinbvrgh City will be much of an addition. Hope that Shirey Pirey can prevail over the two legs. Really out of twisted prejudice engendered mostly because of how we entered the most horrendous tailspin following our cup exit to fellow "you'll have had your tea" City Boots, boots, boots marching up and down again, Hutcheson Vale Lothian Thistle, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub FC.

Assuming that is Cove don't pull a Lazarus on Saturday and overcome the 0-3 deficit.

Im with yourself Brummo i hope the shire beat who ever they have to play,agree with the pyramid system made the league helleuva lot more exciting.Just glad we are not at the foot of the table this year,that was absolute head f**k this time last year for us mo fans.Really hope we bring in some decent players over the summer the only rumour ive heard is Matty alan coming back on loan which i would be very happy about indeed,Just hope their is a couple of more experinced players on heggy and holty radar.A couple of good loan signings again and hopefully we can get further up the league table.

I think people who look enviously at the pyramid system in England and want to see it operating the same way need to face up to the reality that: 1) In Scotland we have far fewer people, population density outside of the central belt is vastly different. 2) There is far less money in football here.

3) Our existing transport network doesn't help facilitate a truly national league set-up.

The evidence for this is that clubs wanting to advance seem to be of two kinds: also-rans from big centres of population or rich man's playthings from hamlets. Meanwhile the so-called experts are constantly telling us that there are too many teams and the game needs to consolidate, for example by having an Angus United, playing at Greenfield Stadium, Guthrie.

I am not in favour of senior football being a closed shop but unless Juniors and their teams from bigger centres of population become part of the system, I can't see the "pyramid" being of much benefit to the game.

[quote name="Brummo" post="10395647" timestamp="1461809080"

I am not in favour of senior football being a closed shop but unless Juniors and their teams from bigger centres of population become part of the system, I can't see the "pyramid" being of much benefit to the game.

And I was thinking I was the only one with that opinion. Maybe in a few years time when Shire, Montrose, Berwick, Clyde and Queen's Park (included the last two as they finished 10th a few years ago) have been replaced by Edin City, Brora, Cove, Spartans and Formartine none of whom will command bigger gates or re-invigorate Scottish football maybe more people will join our thinking.

I've nothing against a pyramid system in principle but as I see it there are only a very few non league teams actually want into the SPFL so let them in a let's have an enlarged League 2 to reduce the sheer boredom of playing each other 4 times plus cup games. Banging head and brick wall come to mind though.

Last game tomorrow hopefully get a win. Will be the last game for Adrian and the loan players would be good to go out with a win

What's the story with Mallagaray, no chance of him signing again for next season?

What's the story with Mallagaray, no chance of him signing again for next season?

Adrian is a young Spanish lad who has presumably finished his studies so is away back to Spain. Pity as he was coming along nicely especially on plastic pitches. Very unlikely to get a job over here and continue playing part time football. The loss of one other loanee in particular will be a blow and that is Jordan Millar in goal. He has a bright future in the game but even if not immediately at St Johnstone where he has at least two others if not three in front of him he'll probably go out on loan again but to a higher division team. My concern for him would be that he might end up warming a bench somewhere as a substitute when his career progression would be better served player at a lower level but as a first choice - preferably with a Mo team

making a real challenge at the right end of the table. If we can keep Gary Fraser as well we can challenge I think and we would have done this season but for the run of defeats following the injuries picked up against LTHV in the cup. Think positive lads.

Adrian is a young Spanish lad who has presumably finished his studies so is away back to Spain. Pity as he was coming along nicely especially on plastic pitches. Very unlikely to get a job over here and continue playing part time football. The loss of one other loanee in particular will be a blow and that is Jordan Millar in goal. He has a bright future in the game but even if not immediately at St Johnstone where he has at least two others if not three in front of him he'll probably go out on loan again but to a higher division team. My concern for him would be that he might end up warming a bench somewhere as a substitute when his career progression would be better served player at a lower level but as a first choice - preferably with a Mo team

making a real challenge at the right end of the table. If we can keep Gary Fraser as well we can challenge I think and we would have done this season but for the run of defeats following the injuries picked up against LTHV in the cup. Think positive lads.

Yeah Adrian has certainly improved the more the season has gone on, it'll be a shame to lose him, I didn't realise he was going back home.

Millar has been told by st johnstone that his contract isn't getting renewed, would be a great signing if we were to keep a hold of him! Great prospect

Would be a tremendous signing I can see it happening aswell hopefully

I would think Millar would get a few clubs after him. To have played with east fife and the mo over the last 2 seasons must make him a target for other clubs with him only being 19 years old

Am sure he would get some good offers but hopefully he stays think him and steeves are good buddy's that could maybe swing it for us.

Depends very much on whether Jordan Millar gets a full time offer. At age 19 and a bright prospect I'd be surprised if he has to go part time but the lure of staying full time will be the cruncher. He's a great lad though and at that age doesn't want to warming a bench as a sub all next season. Hope he gets fixed up then back out on loan - to us hopefully.

Archived