Dominican Republic

Andy Dufresne

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I was there years ago and it was very good. Seafood restaurant had the best plate of food I have ever had although all the food was good. I do remember the beer being virtually undrinkable though.

Yes found the drinks on most all i nclusives are pretty crap

Is Saona Island worth visiting? I went to Cancun last summer and Isla Mujeres was the highlight of the trip. I'm going to Punta Cana on Monday and wondering if it's a similar idea? Is there a similar island where I can scare the living life out of my girlfriend by driving around erratically in a golf buggy under the influence of booze?

Saona island is sold to you as the island where they filmed the Bounty adverts.
We went out to it on a speedboat and back on a catamaran. That was the highlight of the trip. Its basically an all inclusive island where you can't escape the hawkers trying to sell you stuff.
The Brazilian army were there on some r&r from Haiti when we were there so that didn't make for a relaxing day either.

• 10 months later...

Just heading back after a fortnight here. Place is beautiful and weather is fantastic but service is awful. You have to tip considerably to get any service at all. No tip means no service.

Archived