Morocco

I've been to Marrakech, amazing place, the souks are an experience and a half can be a bit disorientating but definitely worth a visit you will get hassled to buy stuff but most of it is friendly banter, one of locals even slapped his arse and said "asda price" if you smile and walk on they're fine, my wife made sure she had her arms and legs covered and the locals respected that and they seemed genuinely happy to find out we were Scottish and not English.

Did a walking tour which was cool but they do try and lure you into buying stuff one of the stops was at a place that made carpets...then came the hard sell, didn't buy one though.

Also did a day trip to the foot hills of the Atlas mountains which was the highlight for me.

It can be a bit full on and you can't drink in the old town, grab a seat on one of the balconies that over look Djemaa el Fna square just before sunset and watch it transform into a huge food market.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Was looking at going to Morroco not sure which city to visit or is it easy enough to go to Marrakech and Casablance in one trip? also looking at being there Mon- Friday is this long enough?

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Was looking at going to Morroco not sure which city to visit or is it easy enough to go to Marrakech and Casablance in one trip? also looking at being there Mon- Friday is this long enough?

Thanks.

It's long enough but not sure why you'd want to go to Casablanca, it's a modern industrial city, nothing like the film. Fez or Essaoira would be better to combine with Marrakech imo.

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's long enough but not sure why you'd want to go to Casablanca, it's a modern industrial city, nothing like the film. Fez or Essaoira would be better to combine with Marrakech imo.

cheers just places to fly into. Easy enough to get around are most signs etc in English alphabet as well as Arabic?

11 hours ago, Adam101 said:

cheers just places to fly into. Easy enough to get around are most signs etc in English alphabet as well as Arabic?

It's ages since I was there, but I think most signs were in French as well as Arabic. Also I only passed through Casablanca so might have missed the good bits.

Archived