FAO Stranraer Fans

Couldn't see a topic for Stranraer fans and couldn't really find a relevant topic to place this question in. We are apparently looking at your keeper, David Mitchell. Is he any good? What's his assets? What's he weak at? Would he be able to push Scott Bain for a first team place?

Thanks for any responses!

Probably one of the best keepers we have had in many a year,one of the reasons we have been in the top 3 in the last couple of seasons,we managed to get him from Ayr utd on loan and then signed him,hopefully this is just a rumour but Hibs were showing interest in him at Xmas time so there is probably some truth in it,would be a blow to the club but best of luck to him if he manages to get a premier club.

It would be wrong for any club to have both Bain and Mitchell- neither of them should be bench-warming. They're capable of being two of the best Scottish goalies around.

His decision making is somewhat suspect and has the odd rush of blood to the head and has copped the odd red card due to this. His kicking can be erratic but certainly has improved in the last year or so.

On the plus side he is an outstanding shot stopper. Last game against Forfar he made a quite ridiculous save. Another against Dundee Utd comes to mind as well. Also good at cross balls usually.

His biggest disadvantage in my mind, for the top flight anyway, is he's not quite big enough for a modern day keeper.

Too good for this league but good enough for premier league? I don't know.

Would be sorry to see him go and would be difficult to replace.

He was just a wee lad when he was at Ayr and I hadn't really watched him closely until this season.

Would agree that he is a good shot stopper but he is quite small for a goalie and might struggle in the top league.

He wasn't released by Ayr, a "clerical" error by Ayr allowed Stranraer to make him an offer which he took. Not the players fault he took an offer that was double what Ayr offered him, who wouldn't?

He wasn't released by Ayr, a "clerical" error by Ayr allowed Stranraer to make him an offer which he took. Not the players fault he took an offer that was double what Ayr offered him, who wouldn't?

I cant believe he is on £50 a week

It was more he had been number 1 at Stranraer while on loan and would have went back to Ayr as number 2/3, simple choice

Archived