The 56 in Westminster!

A week today.

David Cameron has confirmed that he won't oppose Bercow's re-election, but don't be surprised if they try to bring back the bit of chicanery that William Hague tried on the final day of the last parliament (making the Speaker re-election a secrete ballot).

Of course, if they did try to oppose Bercow it would cause a bit of a stir in Buckingham where his constituents returned him as "Speaker".

I feel kind of bad for the people of Buckingham, nothing against Bercow personally but they only had 3 candidates on the ballot: "Speaker", UKIP and the Greens

Not only are they denied a normal choice in the election but they're denied a voting MP in parliament. Kind of unbelievable that some 34,000 people even bothered turning up to vote for him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's London........they will be ignored by all.

Except I think there are rules about how much airtime parties are supposed to get in the interests of balance. I'm sure that's true during elections but thought it was also meant to be true in general. Wasn't that why the bnp guy got on question time because they had done well at a European election (possibly local council elections)?

Just sums up what a load of archaic old shite the UK is. Same with the Houses of 'Commons' and 'Lords', the sooner we're out of the 18th century shitehole that is the UK the better.

Exactly. Black Rod ffs

Totally, its just an embarrassing load of shite.

Bit of a weird thing to be seething about, tbh

I feel kind of bad for the people of Buckingham, nothing against Bercow personally but they only had 3 candidates on the ballot: "Speaker", UKIP and the Greens

Not only are they denied a normal choice in the election but they're denied a voting MP in parliament. Kind of unbelievable that some 34,000 people even bothered turning up to vote for him.

I wonder a similar thing for the people of Witney. If your MP is the Prime Minister can you bring up local issues with him? Does he hold weekly surgeries in his constituency? Are they not also underrepresented?

A week today.David Cameron has confirmed that he won't oppose Bercow's re-election, but don't be surprised if they try to bring back the bit of chicanery that William Hague tried on the final day of the last parliament (making the Speaker re-election a secrete ballot).Of course, if they did try to oppose Bercow it would cause a bit of a stir in Buckingham where his constituents returned him as "Speaker".

Forgot all a boy the Bercow issue. There seems to be an intense dislike there, be interesting to see how it plays out.

BTW how did this thread end up about archaic Parliamentary procedures?

Also question for OP, how can there be 56 when you spent the last month telling us there would be no more than 38?

I presume the SNP will be taking up the Busted Flush's weekly slot on Question Time? Ideal opportunity for the star of the show to troll the f**k out of middle England.

2hp7u35.jpg

I presume the SNP will be taking up the Busted Flush's weekly slot on Question Time? Ideal opportunity for the star of the show to troll the f**k out of middle England.

2hp7u35.jpg

Be a chance to introduce some difference faces on QT other than the usual revolving door of Salmond/Nic/Humza/Hosie/Robertson

I nominate the Honourable Mhairi Black.

They should also be getting loads more tv time on the politics shows (daily politics, question time, Marr et al) which will help as well.

Hopefully this greater exposure on TV in England will help the English electorate to understand that we're not there to "rob" them of anything, or to eat their weans, so long as our new representatives can keep the heid.

Ideally, after being exposed to reasonable SNP folk for a while, many in England will come to see that the UK media is riddled with utterly pishy liars who have been using various scare stories (EUSSR, Romanians, Bulgarians, scroungers, Scots) to make them vote against their own best interests for decades now.

I like Angus Robertson but it's a shame Eck probably isn't going to be Westminster leader purely for the seethe and trolling double whammy.

56. :lol:

It's still funny. Even after the exit poll predicting 58 I don't think many of us on here could have even dreamt that it would be 56.

Oh the joy of near obliteration.

56. :lol:

It's still funny. Even after the exit poll predicting 58 I don't think many of us on here could have even dreamt that it would be 56.

Oh the joy of near obliteration.

Or the scale of the landslide. It was an utter mauling.

Some of the vote shares and majorities are outrageous. When I saw 30,000 for the SNP at the first declaration to pump Cathy Jamieson out in Kilmarnock and Louden that was when the penny truly dropped.

Or the scale of the landslide. It was an utter mauling.

Some of the vote shares and majorities are outrageous. When I saw 30,000 for the SNP at the first declaration to pump Cathy Jamieson out in Kilmarnock and Louden that was when the penny truly dropped.

TBH I've been working off a poor hotel wi-fi connection so drilling down into the detail has not been an option. Of course I have seen some and, as you say, it was a mauling.

All this talk about certain MPs keeping their seats through tactical voting the getting totally humped was hilarious.

BTW what's happened to the #snpout folk; they seem to have gone very quiet. :lol:

I wonder a similar thing for the people of Witney. If your MP is the Prime Minister can you bring up local issues with him? Does he hold weekly surgeries in his constituency? Are they not also underrepresented?

A customer I was dealing with is based in his constituency, she said she'd had a meeting with him once over a council issue. I'd imagine he'd only do it for serious issues.

Archived