Your teams players

Thought I'd start a thread to see what each fan thought of their players this season now the season is over. For us it's:

Best player: Gaston/McManus - Really hard to chose between the two, Gaston has saved us on so many occasions this season and ultimately gained us points. But McManus has scored 23 goals and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be anywhere near champions.

Worst player: Crighton - Not fair to single one player out but Crighton really has been very poor this season. Gave away 6 or 7 needless penalties and produced some comical defending.

Most Improved: S.McCluskey - I will admit I was one of his biggest critics in the first half of the season when he was poor. But what a turnaround in the second half of the season. Runs after every single ball, knows how to beat a man and can find the back of the net as well. Ended up our second top scorer.

Unsung hero: Forbes - I know he's only been here since January but what a difference he's made. Before he joined our midfield was completely anonymous he's added some much needed creativity and completely bossed most games. Lost count of how many assists he got and one very important goal in the last seconds against Ayr. Wouldn't surprise me if he was near the top of the assists table,

These are just my opinion, some Morton fans may have different players in mind.

Over to you.

Thought I'd start a thread to see what each fan thought of their players this season now the season is over. For us it's:

Best player: Gaston/McManus - Really hard to chose between the two, Gaston has saved us on so many occasions this season and ultimately gained us points. But McManus has scored 23 goals and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be anywhere near champions.

Worst player: Crighton - Not fair to single one player out but Crighton really has been very poor this season. Gave away 6 or 7 needless penalties and produced some comical defending.

Most Improved: S.McCluskey - I will admit I was one of his biggest critics in the first half of the season when he was poor. But what a turnaround in the second half of the season. Runs after every single ball, knows how to beat a man and can find the back of the net as well. Ended up our second top scorer.

Unsung hero: Forbes - I know he's only been here since January but what a difference he's made. Before he joined our midfield was completely anonymous he's added some much needed creativity and completely bossed most games. Lost count of how many assists he got and one very important goal in the last seconds against Ayr. Wouldn't surprise me if he was near the top of the assists table,

These are just my opinion, some Morton fans may have different players in mind.

Over to you.

I pretty much agree with you. I think Lee Kilday has been pretty poor this season and will be disappointed if Duffy keeps him for next season.

I'd say Ricki Lamie has been our most improved player - he looked terrible in the first half of the season at left-back, but after he was moved to CB he was excellent. Never afraid to go into a tackle and was fairly solid in the air.

I pretty much agree with you. I think Lee Kilday has been pretty poor this season and will be disappointed if Duffy keeps him for next season.

I'd say Ricki Lamie has been our most improved player - he looked terrible in the first half of the season at left-back, but after he was moved to CB he was excellent. Never afraid to go into a tackle and was fairly solid in the air.

Kilday has been poor, but he's chipped in with a few goals this season and imo is better than Crighton. I'm with you though will be amazed if he's offered a new deal. Was a tough choice between Lamie & McCluskey for most improved. Lamie has been solid since moving into his preferred position but for me Stef gets it. Some terrific displays especially in the last couple of games.

Best player: Paul McMullan has been the obvious stand-out this season and some of his runs have been a joy to watch, but I'd go for Kieran Millar. I'm over the moon we've got him signed up for next season. He's a really unfussy player, good at breaking things up and moving the ball on. Special mentions to Colin McMenamin and Greg Fleming too. I really hope Fleming stays on for next season although I concede that's unlikely.

Worst player: Hard to say - there's players with ability who have let us down and there's some guys who just haven't been good enough over the piece. I'd probably say Jamie McCormack. We were warned by Morton and Brechin fans about him and they weren't wrong. He's all over the place and his positional sense is just wacky. He did play quite well at the weekend though. Stopped Derek Riordan from doing anything worthwhile.

Most improved: Ross Meechan, probably my favourite player in the team at the moment. When he first started out I was sure he was one of the worst players I've ever seen - it probably didn't help that he was subjected to a lot of abuse too - but he improved when he was moved into central defence and got better when Booth left the club. He's playing in central midfield at the moment and looks quite good. I like the way he goes tonto when the team score, there's something quite endearing about that. I hope he's signed on for next season.

Unsung hero: I'd probably nominate Alan Lithgow. At the beginning of the season I wondered why we'd brought him in but he's done a very decent shift at centre-back and he's even filled in at left- and right-back too when need be.

(PS - massive shouts to Sean Crighton for the penalty he conceded at Morton's 3-2 win over the Warriors at Ochilview. The ball was sailing out of play and he thumps at it like an excited volleyball player. Most needless I think I've ever seen at any level.)

This is hard for us to do. we were that rotten that it's pretty impossible. We didn't even have a POTY presentation at the club. Ok, here goes:

Best Player: As said above, this is bloody hard. There were spells where players played well but none were consistent throughout the season. Chris Smith scooped a lot of Sponsor's MOTM awards, Craig Comrie had a spell where he stood out as did Steven Doris & Callum Reidford. If I was really pushed however I would probably go with ROSS FORSYTH for our best player. He was pretty steady for most of the season and when he was moved into the Centre Back role the Defence seemed to improve......well, not look as shakey anyway haha. I also think back to all the players I have moaned about this season and at no point was it Rossco, not even when he was our Co-Manager haha.

Worst Player: Take your pick, a fair few were released before the end of the season, although some remained until the end. My vote would be CRAIG WEDDERBURN. That guy was so far out of his depth at this level it was untrue. I've seen some honking Defenders over the past 25 years and he was up there with them. He nicked a few goals to get him name into the papers but for actual ability, I was glad to see he was freed at the tail end of last year.

Most Improved Player: Although he was here on loan I would go for ANGUS BEITH. During his first few games I thought he looked like a player too light weight to make the step up from the youths and make any real impact, however he improved and it's fair to say that Hearts have a very good Midfielder on their hands. I don't think he's ready for Premiership football yet but keep an eye out for him.

Unsung Hero: All the guys behind the scenes that helped raise £5,000 for the club through the bar. Fantastic!

Best Player: Derek Gaston. What a season. Solid and spectacular. Should be one of the highest priorities to keep hold of him for a while.

Worst Player: Milojevic. Absolute bombscare and contributed very, very little, Peterhead aside (although obviously the injury is a shame, wouldn't wish that on anyone).

Most Improved: Either Mark Russell or Stef McCluskey. Russell, because he grew into his position as full-back and learned when to bomb forward effectively (for the most part). Again, should be one of our top priorities to keep him. Stef McCluskey, as has been said already, wasn't very good at first. Came on to a good run of form and was surprisingly important in our run of form towards the title. Will be interesting to see if he stays.

Unsung Hero: Ricki Lamie. After Duffy realised that Lamie isn't a LB, and moved him to his natural position, Lamie was much, much better. Obviously got a wee issue with temperament, but was an effective defence against Crighton's incompetence.

From the few matches I've managed this year

Best player: Declan McManus

Worst: Joe McKee

Improved: Stef McKluskey

Unsung Hero: Me. Morton won every game I saw them play this year. Even folk people are calling carthorses (Crichton, McCluskeys, Lamie, Kilday, Barrowman) none of them had a bad game when I saw them.

Best player: Allan Forrest, performances tailed off after a few injuries crept in later in the season but he was the most likely to make something happen just about every game.

Worst Player: Martin Campbell, not a fitba player.

Most Improved: Robbie Crawford, Never played under Roberts after signing on again. Millen brought him in and misused him, McCall brought back the player from 2 seasons ago.

Unsung hero: JP McGovern

Best player- they were all shite

Worst player- them all- special mention to James Creaney and Wedderburn for being that wee bit extra shit

Most improved- don't think anyone improved tbh

Unsung hero- the supporters that didn't patch half way through the season (not me)

Best player - Jamie Stevenson. We have lacked creativity from midfield this year and he always seemed to be able to produce something, missed him in the run in to the season end.

Worst player - Rory McAllister, purely based on how poor is he was compared to how good he should be. Other players were mediocre at times but no one was as consistantly off the pace as him.

Most improved - Cammy Kerr. On loan from Dundee but was a real breath of fresh air when he came in, took a game or two to settle but was really good after that. A couple of sticky patches and poor decisions but would take him back without question.

Unsung Hero - Ryan Strachan. Not even sure if he is CM or DF anymore but he can be solid at the back and although his decision makin can be a bit slow we needed his cover for most of the season at CB to cover injuries. Thought we also looked good with him making up a back 3.

Best player: Brian Gilm....wait no, forgot my meds. It's probably Alan Forrest, even though he didn't win any POTY awards.

Worst: David Hutton - we've had worse players appear on loan but Hutton was consistently bad and chucked many a goal - GTF.

Improved: JP McGovern - he was pretty woeful until taking over as captain but played like a man possessed since then.

Unsung Hero: A struggle this one but i'll opt for Scott McLaughlin; the guy got a ridiculous amount of unwarranted stick but he did chip in with plenty of important goals for us before he left.

Best player Ryan Scully individually saved us from the relegation playoffs. Ten to fifteen points. Best outfield player Buchanan or Moffat.

Worst player take your pick!

Simply because of the level he is capable of I'm going with Andy Geggan. A huge disappointment this season, looks completely lost.

Barrowman and Paterson were brought in as coaches so hard to be too critical. Both absolutely finished though.

Most improved

Finn Graham looks like being a mainstay in midfield and no coincidence that him and Ryan Thomson played together and won our only game against the top four. I really like him and think he should get more game time.

Unsung Hero

Fais Was scoring for fun then dropped for no reason then when picked again he continued scoring. Should be played more often. Very effective.

Best player- hard to answer with so many good performances in second half of season but player with most ability is Scott Fraser.

Worst player- although only young and maybe a bit harsh..Scott stewart. Doesn't seem to have any qualities.

Most improved- hmmm probably Jamie bain. Seems most comfortable at right back and had great second half of season. Didn't do a lot wrong.

Unsung hero-ross docherty or Liam lindsay. Both very assured and do their respective jobs very tidily.

Best Player- Hard to choose because its been a piss poor season but Ross Forsyth probably deserves it, Angus Beith, Craig Comrie and Callum Reidford all had good patches for us

Worst- Has to be Scott Shepard for me, dont know how Falkirk had such high hopes for the kid absoulte dross other mentions include Craig Wedderburn.

Most improved- Angus Beith, boy is a good talent, had his fair share of good games, hopefully he is loaned out again next season to Championship/League 1, Name for the future.

Unsung Hero - Fans for backing the team week in week out and the guys who ran the supporters club bar, who as mentioned above have raised 5k for the club

Best - Scully ( Not even our player FFS )

Worst - Bryne. Has decent touches sometimes but overall very poor, don't think he will progress much further up the leagues. I'd love to be wrong about that though.

Most improved - Millen. He's certainly not as bad as some would suggest; and it speaks volumes about him that he's improving whilst having to endure some of the worst abuse since wee Alex Burke.

Unsung hero(s) Faissal El Bakhtoui. Went through a good spell and dropped for some reason. Came back into the team and pitched in with goals. He does have something good about him. Ryan Thompson started the season well, he was actually quite impressive. He was injured and never managed to reclaim his place. I was a huge critic of him in the past but feel he was robbed.

Honorable mentions to Moffat and Falkingham. Good players who always give their all, let down by poor management, and the fact that they are forced to play three positions at once.

Archived