Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I would like to leave the UK it has always struck me as strange that some see the SNP as left wing.

They are to me somewhere between Liberal and Tory and always will be making them a party I cannot vote for.

I had also stopped voting Labour due to Blair et all but JC has given me my party back.

As much as I would like to leave the UK it has always struck me as strange that some see the SNP as left wing.
They are to me somewhere between Liberal and Tory and always will be making them a party I cannot vote for.
I had also stopped voting Labour due to Blair et all but JC has given me my party back.

No. He ACTS like he has.

14 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

Pish

5 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

JC has given me my party back, what utter bollocks.

You still spouting?

What has the SNP given us?

What have the SNP done for police, fire and other emergency services?

Can you say the police has improved during the SNP's time in charge?

What has Police Scotland achieved that Strathclyde didn't?

SNP to the right of the Lib Dems. Tim

I'd argue that the SNP are primarily left-leaning social democrats, although it is probably reasonable to say that Corbyn individually is to the left of some fairly prominent SNP people. Then again, it is more difficult to retain ideological purity when you've been in government for ten years - especially with AMS pretty much demanding a certain degree of compromise and cooperation. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

SNP to the right of the Lib Dems. Tim

I'd argue that the SNP are primarily left-leaning social democrats, although it is probably reasonable to say that Corbyn individually is to the left of some fairly prominent SNP people. Then again, it is more difficult to retain ideological purity when you've been in government for ten years - especially with AMS pretty much demanding a certain degree of compromise and cooperation. 

You mean The Tartan Tories?

The party who helped bring in the scourge of Thatcherism.

Jeremy Corbyn and his team are clearly to the left of the SNP but the Labour Party itself is probably on a similar part of the political spectrum as the SNP. I've more faith in Corbyn and Momentum to follow an explicitly left wing programme but it's a battle that's still ongoing with the melts and slugs to drag the party back to the left. The ongoing spanking that Sarwar is receiving from the CLP nominations is a good omen but there's plenty to do. If I was voting for an independence party I'd vote Green over SNP any day of the week.

*edited to add, SNP to the right of the Lib Dems? Bold move to place the Lib Dems anywhere as I haven't a fucking clue what they stand for other than opposing Brexit.

2 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

That happened in 1979, so has no bearing whatsoever on the SNP's ideological orientation or policy direction in 2017 under Nicola Sturgeon; regardless, I don't think you can completely ignore important contextual factors such as devolution and the Cunningham Amendment in that particular debate. Anyway, if you want to go down the road of working in alliance with the Tories, Labour were in an official campaign with them only three years ago to keep Scotland in a Tory-led UK, so you're not on the strongest ground there. 

The SNP are far from perfect, but to persist with the empty "Tartan Tories" rhetoric is just tribal nonsense. 

34 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its utterly indicative of how stupid you are that you post some amount of unfiltered shite then accuse others of the same.
The SNP is hands down the most effective party of Government in the last 20 years.
The SNP in terms of the police are not perfect but you're deluded (and you are) if you think that protecting us from Winsor and doing what they can to retain officer numbers isn't better than Labour and their pals the Tories efforts.
The SNP have had to firefight against the economic chaos impinged on Scotland and the knock on effects (austerity et al) by London.
You honestly should consider stepping away from the site again, your racist language and tone is alarming.

What racist language?

The SNP have been in power for 10 years and achieved nothing.

Police Scotland was one of the many stupid decisions they have made.

There was nothing wrong with the way we were.

It appear to me you are very anti-English and blame them for everything.

Still obviously not racist all eh?

You are typical of many I have worked with that thinks only your opinion matters.

3 hours ago, KarlMarx said:

2 hours ago, KarlMarx said:

1 hour ago, KarlMarx said:

The SNP have been in power for 10 years and achieved nothing

You've had too much vodka comrade, time to retire to the dacha.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

theres a distinct difference between wanting to break away from Westminster due to disagreeing with the way it functions and labelling an entire country scum. You are typical of the bad old days of the job with your racism and abusive behaviour, I used to feel sorry for you, but you've become an absolute embarrassment and i'll not be engaging with you anymore.

Thank f**k and you are part of the modern 350 onwards paper shuffling social workers who would rather take neds out for dinner than jail them.

The job is fucked thanks to people like you.

Just now, kilbowie2002 said:

Good for you.

That seems like engagement my sad little social worker.

I'm guessing you're a 360 number as you sound like somebody with very little service.

No police officer should be a member of a political party as you can't possibly be impartial.

When I joined it was quite rightly not allowed.

No wonder the job is fucked.

Just now, kilbowie2002 said:

Good for you.

Grow up you sad little social worker.

You claim to know me so feel free to grass.

It's what your generation of 360 onwards cops do.

I remember when the job was done properly.

You clearly don't sadly.

Archived