Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a similar note, I notice the percentage of women have gone up from 23% to 29%, which is still shite, but going in the right direction.

Ethnic minority percentage also up.

Also, we now have apparently more LGBT members of parliament than any other country - 27. Breakdown is 13 Labour, 12 Tory and 2 SNP.

I've never seen you trying to state a serious political opinion. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you may have the ability to do so though there is no evidence to back this up.

Anyway I can't promise not to get angry, it's one of my defining characteristic (well for my online persona anyway). Now where's my fucking lullaby?

You must be forgetting the thread I recently started: 'Nicola Sturgeon: Wid or Wid Not?'.

At first glance, this may seem like a non-political issue. However, in reality, I was challenging the opinions of red-blooded Pie & Bovril males. Would they insult Nicola's political integrity by responding to the poll question in a misogynistic manner? Would they view Nicola as a politician in her own right? Would they insist on seeing her only as a female politician? Would they judge her based on looks? Would they judge her based on politics? Are these two judgements connected?

In reality, I possibly started the most insightful politics/gender politics thread in Pie & Bovril history.

And I don't know where your lullaby is. You've probably misplaced it, you forgetful old b*****d.

She seems like a mink. Awful voice, awful face. One of the oldest-looking 20 year olds I've ever seen, although we must bear in mind that she has grown up in Paisley. All in all, I much prefer Nicola as a potential mate.

Guarantee she's be a right dirty in the sack

Middle class Lanarkshire accents are lovely imo.

Don't be silly.

You fool no one in trying to make us believe that there is such a thing as a "Middle Class" in Lanarkshire.

Of the ones I know of, there are at least 6 LGBT SNP MPs.

Well there we go! The Attitude article that I read mentioned only John Nicolson and Stewart McDonald for the SNP.

Some of the stick that she's taking is OTT, a wee bit of jealousy I think.

She speaks with a west coast accent , like most of us and its preferable to expecting a lord snooty plummy Cameron accent.

Archived