Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats wrong with her voice? Dont u like her Glasgow accent?

No, I find it utterly repellent. It is also a disgustingly low-pitched and masculine sound.

'Potential mate'. :lol:

Neither of them would have you, you little pipsqueak. Though I'd pay good money to see you express your views on Mhairi to her face (though you'd have to stand on a stool to do so).

You really need to simmer down.

Some of you guys are unreal :lol:

Mhairi Black is a working class gal who as recently as the week before the referendum was a teenager at Glasgow uni (P.S. How the f**k is she graduating at 20?) and she just kicked Douglas Alexander in the pie.

She obviously has a lot to learn but to see someone the year younger than me getting in and making a real difference is a breath of fresh air. She's worked with Sillars and will be mentored by a lot of more experienced politicians. Her heart is clearly in the right place and I support her fully.

Her main selling point, though, is her correct pronounciation of the name "Mhairi", anyone who says "Varry" is a whompercunt

Some of you guys are unreal :lol:

Mhairi Black is a working class gal who as recently as the week before the referendum was a teenager at Glasgow uni (P.S. How the f**k is she graduating at 20?) and she just kicked Douglas Alexander in the pie.

She obviously has a lot to learn but to see someone the year younger than me getting in and making a real difference is a breath of fresh air. She's worked with Sillars and will be mentored by a lot of more experienced politicians. Her heart is clearly in the right place and I support her fully.

Her main selling point, though, is her correct pronounciation of the name "Mhairi", anyone who says "Varry" is a whompercunt

No, I find it utterly repellent. It is also a disgustingly low-pitched and masculine sound.

You really need to simmer down.

So by adding the word also, you have inferred that you dont like the Glasgow accent. Thats fine, thats your opinion.

But I see a wee lassie who sounds like me, has the same beliefs as me and will go on to very big things.

Not to mention she is a jags fan.

I for one wish her every success going.

I heard this same thing about Ian Murray. Imagine if the only branch office MP - as well as being openly against Trident - actually voted Yes in the referendum :lol:

It would be a delicious irony wouldn't it.

When an estimated third of Labour voters voted yes, many of their elected officials must have voted yes.

When an estimated third of Labour voters voted yes, many of their elected officials must have voted yes.

Not necessarily, they will be the most committed, rabid ones. And also may feel party loyalty/obligation.

She's a rabid Partick Thistle fan so it's a no for me.

I did see someone retweet her saying "maths is shite". She was 15 at the time though but that didn't stop someone saying that the tweet will damage any chance that she'll be Scottish Chancellor in the future. :lol:

To be fair, maths is shite. And I'm 30

You're probably right. How about singing me a lullaby?

Only if you promise to never get angry at me again when I'm simply trying to state some serious political opinions.

So by adding the word also, you have inferred that you dont like the Glasgow accent. Thats fine, thats your opinion.

But I see a wee lassie who sounds like me, has the same beliefs as me and will go on to very big things.

Not to mention she is a jags fan.

I for one wish her every success going.

I'm partially on the wind-up. I don't really have anything against the Glasgow accent. It's the low, masculine tone which I find most unappealing.

Nah I dont agree with this. I think when people talk about Labour people voting Yes they mean traditional Labour people that voted for them in 2010. I doubt many 2011 Labour voters would have voted Yes because every man and his dug had gone SNP by 2011.

Murray may well have voted Yes but I cant imagine many did so without defecting to the SNP

Only if you promise to never get angry at me again when I'm simply trying to state some serious political opinions.

I've never seen you trying to state a serious political opinion. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you may have the ability to do so though there is no evidence to back this up.

Anyway I can't promise not to get angry, it's one of my defining characteristic (well for my online persona anyway). Now where's my fucking lullaby?

post-31698-0-54570600-1431214375.jpg

I'm partially on the wind-up. I don't really have anything against the Glasgow accent. It's the low, masculine tone which I find most unappealing.

Archived