Renfrewshire Cup Final 2015?

I don't want to jump the gun here, but with the likely chance that ourselves and St. Mirren being in the same league next season, will this yearly pre season friendly go ahead as per previous years? If so, will it be between the first team or u20/21's?

It's been so long since we were in the same league, I can't remember that far back to know if this fixture was played back then. Also, the fixture doesn't seem to have the same buzz about it, like it did when I went to my first one back in 04/05.

It was always the perfect final pre-season game as it clearly had more fight about it than playing Rotherham or whoever. Got ye geared up for the league. It was a glorified pre-season game but still a cracking match.

I think it'll be squad players, youngsters and trialists this year

Couldn't be arsed with it most years. It's a glorified friendly, and I don't like friendlies, and with us being in the same league next season, that pretty much ends my interest in the game completely for this year at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully it does revert to being played by reserves/youth teams. Playing a meaningless friendly every season has completely ruined the sense of occasion when we play each other in a real game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has the Renfrewshire Cup effectively ceased, with no competitions in 2015 or 2016?

Headline here implies it would be given to whoever won the league derby, but I hadn't heard that:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14666117.Alex_Rae_welcomes_St_Mirren__39_s___39_baptism_of_fire__39__in_Renfrewshire_Cup_fight_with_Morton/

• 1 year later...

Archived