The Tell Him He's Pelé League 1 Team of the Year

Is this just one person opinion, presumably yourself, or a few guys chipping in with their opinions?

I think most people would be in the same boat where its practically impossible to judge other players from other clubs over a season as you only get to see them a maximum of 4 times.

For example, a couple of Brechin players most other fans wont even know are in there.

Not disagreeing with you at all, I'm just curious to know how you pick your best 11?

Is this just one person opinion, presumably yourself, or a few guys chipping in with their opinions?

I think most people would be in the same boat where its practically impossible to judge other players from other clubs over a season as you only get to see them a maximum of 4 times.

For example, a couple of Brechin players most other fans wont even know are in there.

Not disagreeing with you at all, I'm just curious to know how you pick your best 11?

There's five people that write for the site on a regular basis, two of which support teams in League 1 and who regularly attend games in this division. We started thinking about the Team of the Year a month or so ago and batted names backwards and forwards until we settled on this XI.

It wasn't easy putting this team together. Derek Gaston, Declan McManus and Alan Trouten were the only players we chose straight away, and the rest came together after a lot of discussion.

Guest honestrae95

LOL indeed.

The THHP team of the year is always much more accurate than the PFA team, which is of course picked by other footballers- most of which aren't very bright.

I think this years THHP is pretty much spot on, other than Gerry McLaughlin, who I thought was terrible. However, it's all about opinions at the end of the day.

Would agree with both Morton players selected and would also agree that no more than those two from the team deserve a spot.

The only one I'd seriously contest would be Gerry McLaughlin, spot on otherwise. Also agree that none of the rest of the Morton team deserve to be in it, although Mark Russell does come close.

The only one I'd seriously contest would be Gerry McLaughlin, spot on otherwise. Also agree that none of the rest of the Morton team deserve to be in it, although Mark Russell does come close.

You'll have seen Mark Russell a lot more than me so might be better placed to judge but I find that while he's good at all the eye-catching stuff, the runs forward and the long shots and the goals, Paddy Boyle is a more rounded full-back and is pretty solid at both defending and attacking. I think he's been the complete package and left-back and that's why he got our pick.

Both good players though - I hope Russell develops further next season.

You'll have seen Mark Russell a lot more than me so might be better placed to judge but I find that while he's good at all the eye-catching stuff, the runs forward and the long shots and the goals, Paddy Boyle is a more rounded full-back and is pretty solid at both defending and attacking. I think he's been the complete package and left-back and that's why he got our pick.

Both good players though - I hope Russell develops further next season.

Yeah that's a decent summation, hence why I said that I didn't disagree with Boyle's inclusion.

LOL indeed.

The THHP team of the year is always much more accurate than the PFA team, which is of course picked by other footballers- most of which aren't very bright.

Most of whom...

Agreed otherwise.

I think it's a pretty good League XI, the only other Airdrie players I would argue for inclusion would be Ross Docherty and maybe Scott Fraser. I'd assume we'll be saying goodbye to them this summer, and they'll be missed from our team.

No Scott McLaughlin? Complete farce IMO.

A complete disgrace, i have sent a 1 word letter over to THHP HQ outlining my disgust at the lack of McLaughlin and McKinlay in this team.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL indeed.

I think this years THHP is pretty much spot on, other than Gerry McLaughlin, who I thought was terrible. However, it's all about opinions at the end of the day.

Clearly i was mistaken then!

I hadn't personally heard of the two Brechin players but I must be in the minority.

Perhaps its because we have only been in the league this year and maybe don't know every squad as well as others.

Either way, pretty accurate( apart from the two Brechin Diddies obviously) :lol:

Apart from McLaughlan and Dods, who Lister has ragdolled this whole season, I'd agree with that. If Docherty had played with us right from the start I think he might have been worthy of inclusion.

Archived