Brechin v Alloa

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was nt at game so can't comment on anything regarding match , but goin by papers and web sites it looks like we ve went down and had a fair go and gave a good account of ourselves ! After a good season that's all we can ask for ! I be said it before with no disrespect to other players but I feel had we kpt Wighton we d ve won the league ! We were far better than the full time teams who nvr beat us in 8 games ! And on our day were a match for Forfar and Stranraer ! We let ourselves down on Tuesday where we were poor and lost a soft late goal but hey ho I d settle for football and seasons like this every year ! Although a play off win would be nice sometime ! Well played lads you set high standards for Nxt season !!!

We made the mystifying decision to sit on our lead at half time, bringing on Holmes at the expense of Chopra, and it didn't go too well.

It wasn't executed too well, but I don't think there was anything mystifying about it- made sense at the time. Flannigan and McCord looked tired, Holmes didn't settle into the game really, and Ferguson (who the manager looked to be counting on to get forward) just couldn't burst forward with any threat. Don't think any of this can be blamed on the half time switch, but in hindsight should have kept it the same. The manager is still learning about the players and what they're capable of.

Could have done without the nervy closing minutes, but all that matters is Alloa are through. Brechin gave a better account of themselves. Did Tapping get a knock, because I thought he was excellent before being substituted.

Ben Gordon's booking was ludicrous late on.

I missed the ref's posturing with Ben after the game. I think some refs are intimidated by his godlike stature and rugged, handsome good looks, feeling the need to stamp their authority on the superior being, and deny the the true feelings coursing through their loins soul.

Sad, but an inevitable consequence of awesomeness :P

Archived