Brechin v Alloa

Wait till you see the crowd at the Recs on Saturday. We're ridiculously charging full price (£16) Cant see many more than the regulars turning up in the home end and after last night I wouldnt expect a large travelling support.

Im having a shave and walking in on my knees for the £2 under 16 price ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait till you see the crowd at the Recs on Saturday. We're ridiculously charging full price (£16) Cant see many more than the regulars turning up in the home end and after last night I wouldnt expect a large travelling support.

Obviously your board don't give a shite about the loyalty of the fans throughout the season. :(

You are correct about our away support. A lot I talked to were waiting on the outcome of last night's results. The usual loyal bunch of hedgehunters will be down but that is about it .

Obviously your board don't give a shite about the loyalty of the fans throughout the season. :(

You are correct about our away support. A lot I talked to were waiting on the outcome of last night's results. The usual loyal bunch of hedgehunters will be down but that is about it .

Never understood why the Angus clubs, Peterhead, Elgin have such poor away supports.

Never understood why the Angus clubs, Peterhead, Elgin have such poor away supports.

Per population I think Brechin's away support is not too bad. On average around 1/4 of the home support travel to most away games.

That said though, I do feel the team deserves better.

Was "watching" the BBC's match feed last night; looked like one of those games where we'd have all the play and wouldn't bloody score. Relief when the the goals started going in, and glad to see they got some reward from keeping it up until the final whistle. Shame for Brechin, as I'd been hoping they'd keep that amazing run going and take the title, but it's dog eat dog 'n' all that. Must admit to being a bit surprised when the attendance came up.

There might be something to the idea that the defence are more comfortable pushing up with Gibson in goal. I'm hoping that Mikey Couser's just being given a little exposure on the bench, however, as promoting him above McDowall would really harsh. I'd keep McDowall as backup until he's more confident in the area, and see if anyone that Lennon has more confidence in is available as first choice. If not, give Gibson a proper run next season and see what he's made of.

Prob because central clubs etc are placed geographically better obviously ha ha and you guy s journeys won t take so long to every other week if you get my drift? There was Defo more than 500 last night tho ! I saw loads o locals who I would not class as regularsThe team deserves a better turn out of supporters but when they do get a decent support they always fail remember Cowdenbeath away around 10 years ago , Our Cup Final v QOS . We do have a decent team at this level for size of town and we have loads of supporters I know who ve just fallen outta the habit ! As much as committee do a fantastic job on the pitch etc I feel they could try to push club out in the community a wee bit more but that's an argument for another day !

It's a disappointing decision IMO. I'm also not impressed with the way it's been linked to a £2 per ticket (sic) donation the club say they will make to a local foodbank. Charge us £14 and leave it to each individual to decide if and to whom they donate.

Our board get most decisions ríght, but this is an own goal, again IMO. I'm not sure I'll go on Sat.

I'm fine with the £16 personally, assuming the money's being sunk back into the club and Big Mike isn't using it fill a Scrooge McDuck-style swimming pool. But yes, it doesn't help with bringing in a larger audience.

Considering the crowd on Wednesday was disappointing at £10 per head, I'm wondering if they've done some estimates and worked out that a small reduction wouldn't make as big a difference as you'd imagine. IIRC, Hamilton and St Johnstone did some experiments with lower prices and it didn't make much of a difference. I doubt they're stabbing entirely in the dark on this.

It's a disappointing decision IMO. I'm also not impressed with the way it's been linked to a £2 per ticket (sic) donation the club say they will make to a local foodbank. Charge us £14 and leave it to each individual to decide if and to whom they donate.

Our board get most decisions ríght, but this is an own goal, again IMO. I'm not sure I'll go on Sat.

It is a sad predicament to be in. I would have thought numbers through the door would have been priority in a game like this rather than some political stunt that the majority of fans would disagree with.

I think the new SPFL ruling about the gate money has influenced many clubs into dilemas regarding pricing. Maybe not as good an idea as first thought .

Brechin never turned up. Can't see them getting anything from the game on Saturday.

Was really looking forward to this.

Crowd was poor for such an important game.

Prob because central clubs etc are placed geographically better obviously ha ha and you guy s journeys won t take so long to every other week if you get my drift? There was Defo more than 500 last night tho ! I saw loads o locals who I would not class as regularsThe team deserves a better turn out of supporters but when they do get a decent support they always fail remember Cowdenbeath away around 10 years ago , Our Cup Final v QOS . We do have a decent team at this level for size of town and we have loads of supporters I know who ve just fallen outta the habit ! As much as committee do a fantastic job on the pitch etc I feel they could try to push club out in the community a wee bit more but that's an argument for another day !

Remember Brechin, Forfar and Arbroath all had home play off games last night, that must have taken a few interested neighbours away from all three.

Remember Brechin, Forfar and Arbroath all had home play off games last night, that must have taken a few interested neighbours away from all three.

Surely brechin fans could have come out and supported the team in the most Important match of the season. We had over 700 last night with hardly any away fans and 1500 home fans the previous saturday

How can anyone be fine with Alloa v Brechin at £16?

Utterly scandalous stuff.

Don't forget that our standard ticket price is £16 nowadays.

This is where I make some wanky hashtag about how big-time and awesome we are, right? :rolleyes:

Surely brechin fans could have come out and supported the team in the most Important match of the season. We had over 700 last night with hardly any away fans and 1500 home fans the previous saturday

Should I point out that Forfar is just about twice the size of Brechin? Of course you should have at least a couple of hundred more supporters.

I think crowd was bigger than said 500 maybe 600 ish but town supports club from their armchairs , mind Forfars twice size of Brechin !if you look back over the last 30 /40 years our crowds have nt really changed! It's hard to put a finger on it ! Too many false dawns ? Bigger games on box ? Advertised properly ( I nvr knew it was only £10 and kids were £2 until I arrived at gate ) ? Don't want sound too critical as committee do well to kp us competing at this level ! They tried a fiver too get in gate at a recent night game but it was freezing and pouring rain and Prob kpt folk away ...

I think crowd was bigger than said 500 maybe 600 ish

Our crowd was announced as 837 last night, total jokers announcing it at that especially when our average this seasons 720 :lol:

Over 1000 easy

Wouldn't be surprised if they fiddled the figures at the Glebe either

I think crowd was bigger than said 500 maybe 600 ish but town supports club from their armchairs , mind Forfars twice size of Brechin !if you look back over the last 30 /40 years our crowds have nt really changed! It's hard to put a finger on it ! Too many false dawns ? Bigger games on box ? Advertised properly ( I nvr knew it was only £10 and kids were £2 until I arrived at gate ) ? Don't want sound too critical as committee do well to kp us competing at this level ! They tried a fiver too get in gate at a recent night game but it was freezing and pouring rain and Prob kpt folk away ...

Fair enough , doesn't help matters when there's a barcelona v bayern Munich champions league semi final on the box

Just saw that Rangers are charging £5 entry for the Queens match at Ibrox and remembered that 50% of the play-off gate money goes into the SPFL communal pot, so that might explain why our board wasn't keen to drop the ticket prices.

Rangers, of course, don't have to give a toss about how much they charge. Not because they don't need the money, but because getting it right up the other clubs by dropping their share is more important.

£16 is scandalous tbh. I may go down, but my old dad is seething at the thought of handing over £16 and will definitely not be going.

Archived