Brechin v Alloa

Apologies if I've lost my mind and someone's already made a thread...

Looking forward to this now. Looks like Brechin have been in some good form in the second half of the season, so it'll be nice to see how we compare. Not too fussed if we go down, considering Livi stayed up and you lads kindly allowed Morton promotion to get rid - just a shame the Binos couldn't hang on to see us again. Ah well.

Good luck and godspeed to all.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancy us here as we have hit a bit of form since DL took over. Hopefully chops goal on Saturday makes him hungry for more, spencys been doing well off the bench recently and Ben shouiod mop up most things in this game. 2-0 alloa chops and spence

The Chop on the prospect of scoring more goals:

113739-happy-Cookie-Monster-gif-Reddi-E2

(the cookies can be considered a metaphor, or as actual cookies)

Fancy us here as we have hit a bit of form since DL took over. Hopefully chops goal on Saturday makes him hungry for more, spencys been doing well off the bench recently and Ben shouiod mop up most things in this game. 2-0 alloa chops and spence

I watched your highlights from the weekend . You mention Chopra. Is it just the camera angle or is his belly really as big as it looks on the screen ?

That apart, I am quite looking forward to this . I feel it could go any way. Just depends who decides to lift their game on the day. I watched your games with The Rangers and was impressed at the way you handled them. If you play with the same intensity then you should have no problems.

However, as was said , our form has improved towards the end of the season and if we are switched on from the start and avoid giving away sloppy , early goals then we should do well.

I predict it will be close but hope for us to win by the odd goal.

I watched your highlights from the weekend . You mention Chopra. Is it just the camera angle or is his belly really as big as it looks on the screen ?

Nope. Hence the Cookie Monster above :P

Would be very happy with a draw here. Our home results, and performances, since Lennon took the reins have been very impressive and we've looked very sharp in them. Perhaps a good omen for us that McKinnon received the dreaded Manager of the Month for April, as long as the curse comes along with it of course.

1-1. Trouten equaliser in the second half after Cawley opener for us in the first. We hang on in true Alloa style for the draw and hopefully finish the job at The Recs Indo.

Tenner to get in is braw. More importantly, is the soup still up to it's usual standard we've come to expect at The Glebe?

Would be very happy with a draw here. Our home results, and performances, since Lennon took the reins have been very impressive and we've looked very sharp in them. Perhaps a good omen for us that McKinnon received the dreaded Manager of the Month for April, as long as the curse comes along with it of course.

1-1. Trouten equaliser in the second half after Cawley opener for us in the first. We hang on in true Alloa style for the draw and hopefully finish the job at The Recs Indo.

Tenner to get in is braw. More importantly, is the soup still up to it's usual standard we've come to expect at The Glebe?

Aye the soup is still braw

So says on our web site Gerry is still out but BBC is saying he's back? so We could be short on central defenders looks like Chico will come in but can he play there ? Should be a good game think it will be tighter than some people think

Managed to get a swap off the permanent backshift for this one. Tough game . Alloa seem to have the new ( ish ) manager bounce. We owe them for knocking us out at this stage a few years back. Would take any kind of win here tonight but this will be difficult. Roll on kick off.

Managed to get a swap off the permanent backshift for this one. Tough game . Alloa seem to have the new ( ish ) manager bounce. We owe them for knocking us out at this stage a few years back. Would take any kind of win here tonight but this will be difficult. Roll on kick off.

You really don't, although as a football supporter I understand where you're coming from. We were excellent that season and we were really the only other team in the league to push QoS for the title for a while, although the final outcome was never in much doubt to be honest. A clear second place finish and deservedly went up in my opinion. With the Dunfermline points deduction it looked like fate may have been against the teams in our Division but thankfully we prevailed, and Brechin provided a sterner test than the Pars did to be fair. Although Brechin played well in the second leg at The Recs, our performance and result at Glebe Park was excellent, and we did enough to see out the tie in the end.

Despite what the scorelines eventually turn out to be, games between Alloa and Brechin are always close to call beforehand as both clubs are firstly very well run clubs and secondly always seem to have a decent spine throughout their sides most seasons.

Will there be a few buses making the trip up from Alloa ?

Not sure how many buses are travelling tonight, perhaps just the one, but I reckon a lot more cars will be making the journey than usual and I'll estimate our number to be around the 120 mark.

Hopefully get a strong referee as a bad mistake by a ref in 1st leg games can ruin your season , all 3 top games in league on Sat had red card s and sending offs probably all disputed by managers as well !! Fully expect Alloa to come out flying first 20 mins but once game settles down I doubt there ll be much in it ( hopefully ) . If Big Thommo features he has to take a game I thought he was a wee bit better on Sat !

Heading up to this tonight. Really looking forward to it. Been to see Alloa 3 times already this season - the last time being the cup final. First time I have seen them under Lennon so hoping to see a big improvement because they were atrocious that day in Perth.

Heading up to this tonight. Really looking forward to it. Been to see Alloa 3 times already this season - the last time being the cup final. First time I have seen them under Lennon so hoping to see a big improvement because they were atrocious that day in Perth.

There'll be a bit of interest in this for you in regards to the players too. Ex-Dundee (Gibson), present Dundee (Benedictus) and future Dundee (Meggatt) all likely to be in our defence tonight.

Simply put, we were beaten by a better team tonight. Alloa were well drilled, organised and kept things neat and tidy in midfield. None of our key players turned up tonight, Tapping came on for the last 20 minutes and was probably our best player which just about says it all.

1-0 would have given us a chance in the 2nd leg but that late goal has killed the tie for me. However we will travel down in hope!

Archived