Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I set the series link before posting too. Because I have my priorities right.

^^^knows the score^^^

A dude I work with was saying he'd seen an article from a journalist (possibly the Guardian) who had been sent the first 4/5 episodes to review.  The journalist didn't give away any spoilers, but did say that the episodes were so good that they blew away anything from S1.  Hard to believe that could be true, but excellent if it is.

I’m doing a full rewatch of Season 1 before the new Episode.

Watching it for a second time it just all falls into place it is phenomenal watching.

Episode 7 with the Bernard discovery is up there with the best episodes of TV ever written. Utterly enthralling stuff.

I started re-watching the first series in anticipation of the new series and it's just fucking tremendous.  The video dorlomin posted above shows why Hopkins is almost too good but I think the meeting of him and William in the bar is the best scene from the first series. Just 5 minutes of tension and amazing acting.

Can't wait to get up the road and start series 2 tonight.

Maeve as menacing as ever, and I'm liking the new 'take no shit' side of Dolores!
I fucking love this show.
Was Anthony Hopkins not on the credits? I hope he's still in this, he's brilliant.

Hopkins wasn't credited. Not sure if that's a trick or if he's really gone. Does seem a bit like they are setting Arnold up to be the new main boss man.

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Hopkins wasn't credited. Not sure if that's a trick or if he's really gone. Does seem a bit like they are setting Arnold up to be the new main boss man.

yeah, I couldn't resist, so checked IMDB this morning.  Hopkins not credited with any appearances this season, which is a shame, he'll be missed.

On 4/24/2018 at 05:48, Bully Wee Villa said:

Hopkins wasn't credited. Not sure if that's a trick or if he's really gone. Does seem a bit like they are setting Arnold  up to be the new main boss man.

He dead. You mean Bernard, right?

I dunno, though. Bernard has his own issues at the moment, glitching, trying to conceal the fact that he's a host while he seems to be on some terminal decline with robot spoodge oozing out of him. Dolores looks like she's turned heel, hunting down and killing hosts she doesn't deem to deserve to make it to the valley beyond (whatever that is). Thandie Newton looks like the hero of the show, which is fine by me. And for the most part, the timelines seem a good bit clearer -- if I'm following it properly.

Sundays on HBO are great now. Westworld, Silicon Valley, Barry, and John Oliver, all back to back.