Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My head is well and truly gone with this. Can you all actually follow wtf is going on or are you just along for the ride?

Akecheta, the leader of the ghost nation has managed to access his memories of his old narratives. There is a theory that pain is the path to consciousness so being able to remember so much likely helped him become conscious. He finds Logan Delos where he learns there is a world beyond this one. The path that Arnold built to try to get the hosts to become conscious was symbolised by the maze, they are turning that into a kind of religious symbol as more and more of the ghost nation gain consciousness.

Edited by dorlomin

95% of that episode was subtitled with a character we had barely seen prior, and I was completely spell bound the entire way through. A different episode from 7, but compelling and excellent all the same, and just as important to the progression of this amazing programme.

Anthony Hopkins facial expressions when Ake was describing how he had essentially gained consciousness and discovered that other worlds existed were incredible. Surprise, awe, a little bit of fear, all in the space of about four seconds. Phenomenal acting.

Just caught up the last 2 episodes, phenomenal stuff! Thought the latest one was amazing, a total departure from the previous all action episode but I think one of the best back story episodes ever. I was hanging on every one of Ake's lines and actions, such great acting to convey such emotion in subtitled dialogue and from a character that up until now had been portrayed as a savage.

Every scene with Hopkins in it is a pure joy to watch.

I'm still utterly positive I'm completely missing out on half of the different timeline plots!

Anyone been watching the aftershow chat show West:Word? It's not bad and good way of hearing other views/speculation/theories. The Jamie East techy section usually picks up on a few things that I've missed.

Normally it's a half hour show but next Monday is an hour long one with the show creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy the guests.

Just caught up the last 2 episodes, phenomenal stuff! Thought the latest one was amazing, a total departure from the previous all action episode but I think one of the best back story episodes ever. I was hanging on every one of Ake's lines and actions, such great acting to convey such emotion in subtitled dialogue and from a character that up until now had been portrayed as a savage.

Every scene with Hopkins in it is a pure joy to watch.

I'm still utterly positive I'm completely missing out on half of the different timeline plots!
Yeah the last epsiode there was fairly straight forward timeline wise. But it was fantastic the way Ake unravelled it all.

Where I get confused is mostly surrounding Bernard/Arnold and the timelines they are involved in. Its just too much going on for my levels of concentration at the time of night I eventially get to watch it. Its timeline bedlam!!

I was going back and forth on the MiB being a human or a host, especially given how often he's been shot of late. But if that scan wasn't enough, the fact that he killed his daughter pretty much insists that he's human after all. So that's something. No idea how this is going to work out.

3 hours ago, MSU said:

I was going back and forth on the MiB being a human or a host, especially given how often he's been shot of late. But if that scan wasn't enough, the fact that he killed his daughter pretty much insists that he's human after all. So that's something. No idea how this is going to work out.

Something in his hat that fools the scanner, in the same way that tech in the hats was what helped them gather the data on the guests?  Mind you, the fact that he thought his daughter was a host when she wasn't kinda rules him out being a host, as you say.  He's just going slowly insane, tbh.

Its worth remembering that Billy\MiBs wife was a plot point in the opening couple of episodes. Its a picture of her that sends Peter Abernathy a bit off the rails. Deloris and Billy's stories change in roles and how they interact with each other but also in other subtle ways. The plot twist in this week with Billy basically saying he is really become the MiB (although she does not understand this till she sees the data file) seems to have been built into the story from the start. Also if I recall (open to be corrected) but the gun Delors used was one Billy gave her to protect herself. A different actor played the older Juliet in this episode but a younger one was both her in the photo and the older party scenes with the young Billy. 

I thought Teddys actions were very consistent with where his character has been going for a while now. Clearly on narrative but unhappy and feeling unnatural. 

My bets are that MiB is not a host and Emily is not dead but the latter would be a cop out imo. 

If anyone is looking for a good podcast, Alt Shift X do them for this, but be ware, he has a hell of an attention to detail so it can be a bit spoilery. (I have not watched the one for last week yet and this weeks is not yet out). 

On 19/06/2018 at 07:47, Boghead ranter said:

Something in his hat that fools the scanner, in the same way that tech in the hats was what helped them gather the data on the guests?  Mind you, the fact that he thought his daughter was a host when she wasn't kinda rules him out being a host, as you say.  He's just going slowly insane, tbh.

Maybe he thinks he's a host. Or is it possible hes a much older model, so doesnt connect to the other hosts and isnt detectable by the scanners (although, if he was a host the most obvious thing you would do is fix the system so the scanners dont pick you up)