Transfer Talk!

Players don't lose technique though, they lose pace and mobility. Weatherson lost most of his in 2004 and it's been a gradual downward slope ever since. I don't think he's mobile enough for League One football now, though he has enough quality to score goals in the pub league below for a few years yet.

I agree for the most part but with a striker there is also a positional sense and Weatherson was always good at reading the game. His hold up play was generally very good also and so I think there is a chance he could cut it in League one but not as a prolific scorer and his days at anything higher are finished.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players don't lose technique though, they lose pace and mobility. Weatherson lost most of his in 2004 and it's been a gradual downward slope ever since. I don't think he's mobile enough for League One football now, though he has enough quality to score goals in the pub league below for a few years yet.

At the same time that technique can get buried under excess weight and legs that have gone, see David Hopkin circa 2002. He obviously has enough left in his legs to still be able to show some quality at that level. 21 goals in 27 games might be a record that's enough for a League One team to have a look at Weatherson, if he's at all interested in moving.

Would potentially be a good partner for Lister, if Airdrie could put that together.

I could see McManus going to Dundee tbh. The spence to Dunfermline move is interesting! He really hasn't done it for me in the league tbh. If we stay up I wouldn't mind him going but I think he could prove really handy in league 1. Still has a year on his Alloa contract.

The Stirling Albion website has confirmed Chris Smith has signed from Stenhousemuir.

It doesn't matter what the Dunfermline supporters say, he was a very good goalie for us throughout 2013-14. He picked up an injury over the summer and hasn't played at all this year but I've no doubt he'll be a brilliant signing for League 2. Excellent at coming off his line for corners and free-kicks and he organises his backline well.

Apart from basically throwing the ball in himself a few times and looking like a fat pie, he was pretty decent for the Pars.

That's maybe unfair, he did lose a power of weight when got into the SPL. Was still pish though. Although I'm sure there will be a Pars fan along in a second to tell me he was better than Barlow...

Heard Barr is going to Morton too.

On last nights showing you can have him - always flatters to deceive. If he can not deliver against Alloa then no much chance of im doing it against full time teams.

Although I'm sure there will be a Pars fan along in a second to tell me he was better than Barlow...

I very much doubt that anyone thought he was better than Gallagher. He is certainly not as bad as some make out though. The pinnacle of a confidence player, will probably do well without hearing such shouts as - (You're shite! Yer maws a welder! Die mutha fuka! Etc. . .) Will probably do well for you. An honest dedicated profesional.

I very much doubt that anyone thought he was better than Gallagher. He is certainly not as bad as some make out though. The pinnacle of a confidence player, will probably do well without hearing such shouts as - (You're shite! Yer maws a welder! Die mutha fuka! Etc. . .) Will probably do well for you. An honest dedicated profesional.

I remember when he played against St Johnstone on Christmas Eve 2011. Gallacher had went down with a bad injury at Tynecastle the previous week so Smtih was thrown back into the fray. Despite not being a fans favourite, everyone made a special effort to support him and hope he could help us in the battle against relegation.

Instead he palmed a corner into his own net because the guy's got no bottle.

On last nights showing you can have him - always flatters to deceive. If he can not deliver against Alloa then no much chance of im doing it against full time teams.

That's harsh he's been outstanding 80% of the season ! Alloa d obviously done their homework and marked Jacko ,Barr and Trouton out o the game ! He turned McCord inside out at one stage in 2 nd half, Ye not his best game but 8 or 9 others were poor ! I d try and kp all our best players and get in a couple old heads and go for it Nxt season

I remember when he played against St Johnstone on Christmas Eve 2011. Gallacher had went down with a bad injury at Tynecastle the previous week so Smtih was thrown back into the fray. Despite not being a fans favourite, everyone made a special effort to support him and hope he could help us in the battle against relegation.

Instead he palmed a corner into his own net because the guy's got no bottle.

I'm not gonna argue that he was a great keeper. . . However, it must not be forgotten that he was ko'd against Falkirk and he continued, also making a good few saves. This gives him ' Decent' status in my book. We won 2-1 and it was a great day! Looking back at that team. . .Makes me sad :(

Oooft; classic tear-stained revisionism.

That's harsh he's been outstanding 80% of the season ! Alloa d obviously done their homework and marked Jacko ,Barr and Trouton out o the game ! He turned McCord inside out at one stage in 2 nd half, Ye not his best game but 8 or 9 others were poor ! I d try and kp all our best players and get in a couple old heads and go for it Nxt season

yeh prob harsh.

can run at people but many times he frustrates me by going back and eating the guy again and his final ball is not the best.

Am interested to see who goes and who stays - guess we will know better in the net week or so.

Oooft; classic tear-stained revisionism.

Na

I have generally had this vie since the off. There are other fan favourites who ma be heading for the exit - just running out of steam a players.

Barr is very much a confidence player and when he is on his game he is terrific. But when the chips are down and the team are struggling then he is hugely frustrating and his finishing is poor. The amount of chances he creates for himself and fails to convert is staggering. He has a good season in a team that has not lost many games, but last year he was poor.

He does not take well to criticism and given Ton fans reputation of getting on players backs quickly he could be a disaster for them, if it is indeed true he is Cappielow bound.

Archived