McNeil

O'Neil

Paddy Boyle

Docherty

Gillfillan

Fitzpatrick

Blockley/Watt

Prunty

Lister (provided he's fit and willing to go another season)

Haven't seen enough of Jordan Morton to form an opinion either way.

Blockley and Watt are effectively the same player though they provide decent enough cover. Would imagine Watt will be away though.

Bain again provides good cover, and the odd wonder goal, but I wouldn't be bothered if he was moved on.

The rest I would punt.

Our loan players, Fraser, Gasparotto, Lindsay and McHugh were all outstanding but unfortunately we won't hold on to a single one. This means we'll have another rebuilding job and hopefully Ballantyne will give enough funds to Bollan (or whoever) to be able to build a decent squad that is ready from the off. It wouldn't take much more for us to challenge for promotion or even take that ultimate step but having a good start will be crucial.

Lack of centre - halves let us down this season. Need 2 or 3 solid centre - halves signed in the summer.

Keeping hold of Docherty is essential. A player similar Scott Fraser, preferably permanent, is also required.

Going to need at least one or two strikers too, especially if Lister isn't fully fit. Not sure what the score is with Kirwan. Make or break season for Richford.

I'd keep Bain, our excellent runs of form both last season and this season were when O'Neil went out the team and Bain was at right back. Not saying for a second that is all down to him, but he's been a big part of 2 solid defences, will set up and score a few goals a season and for the money we pay we'll struggle to get better. He's a better player now than he's ever been so would be a daft to let him go now having kept him for years.

Apart from that I doubt there will be much disagreement amongst Airdrie fans about who to keep/let go.

I kept reading about how much of a bombscare (Cirghton especially) was but in all the games I saw neither of them put a foot wrong.

I think my presence soothed them somehow.

Their both not good enough to play in the Championship. If you've only seen a few games this year then you can't really judge any players properly. Crighton is a bombscare and has gave away 5/6 stupid penalties this season & Kilday got rings ran round him by plenty of pub team players this season, most noticeably Gibson last weekend.

Keep:

McNeil

O'Neil

Paddy Boyle

Docherty

Gillfillan

Fitzpatrick

Blockley/Watt

Prunty

Lister (provided he's fit and willing to go another season)

Haven't seen enough of Jordan Morton to form an opinion either way.

Blockley and Watt are effectively the same player though they provide decent enough cover. Would imagine Watt will be away though.

Bain again provides good cover, and the odd wonder goal, but I wouldn't be bothered if he was moved on.

The rest I would punt.

Our loan players, Fraser, Gasparotto, Lindsay and McHugh were all outstanding but unfortunately we won't hold on to a single one. This means we'll have another rebuilding job and hopefully Ballantyne will give enough funds to Bollan (or whoever) to be able to build a decent squad that is ready from the off. It wouldn't take much more for us to challenge for promotion or even take that ultimate step but having a good start will be crucial.

Lack of centre - halves let us down this season. Need 2 or 3 solid centre - halves signed in the summer.

Keeping hold of Docherty is essential. A player similar Scott Fraser, preferably permanent, is also required.

Going to need at least one or two strikers too, especially if Lister isn't fully fit. Not sure what the score is with Kirwan. Make or break season for Richford.

Agree with the majority of that. The 'keeper came with a bombscare reputation but has been solid, without being outstanding. With the possible exception of Grant Adam, he's been the most reliable 'keeper we've had in years. Out of the rest of your keep list, in addition to the 'keeper - the absolute essentials are Paddy Boyle, who's been a consistent performer. Docherty - added a touch of class to the midfield, and both Prunty and (if fit) Lister.

Also not seen enough of Morton to form an opinion but disagree that Watt and Blockley are similar. They are in the respect that the offer decent cover but Blockley is better through the middle, breaking up play, whereas Watt is a definite winger. Bain I'd like to keep, as has been said elsewhere on the thread, he's improved from where he was last season, seems to have cut out the diving and if he isn't first choice he offers good cover.

It's a shame we've relied so heavily on loan players, especially in the CB position. However, we've the spine of a decent team in there.....if we act quickly to get them signed....which seems a novel concept for Airdrie

McCheese and Grimace as centre halves. Hamburglar sitting deep midfield keeping things tight.

Sounds good. I hope the new manager gets on it right away.

How reliable is this?

It doesn't sound good for Lister coming back next season if true.

Not a clue mate, it could be rubbish but I heard someone saying it on Saturday. Scored a load of goals this season for Annan.

Not a clue mate, it could be rubbish but I heard someone saying it on Saturday. Scored a load of goals this season for Annan.

Not a chance !! After all that hopping about with one leg and covering his eye after you beat us the season we won the league ? He's always wound up airdrie fans

Binos might be in for stenny captain Ross MacMillan and Keeper Chris Smith, also rumoured with Albions Scott Chaplin and Marc Mckenzie

Based on what I've seen of McMillan he'd get a game for most teams in this league.

Would welcome him at Stair Park.

Players don't lose technique though, they lose pace and mobility. Weatherson lost most of his in 2004 and it's been a gradual downward slope ever since. I don't think he's mobile enough for League One football now, though he has enough quality to score goals in the pub league below for a few years yet.

Archived