West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross Ballantyne,Glencairn skipper, to Coatbridge Colts in Lowland league

Ross is still a very good player and can still play in many positions.He will certainly not let him self or his new team down. Best of luck.

Ross is still a very good player and can still play in many positions.He will certainly not let him self or his new team down. Best of luck.

Ross is a very consistent performer no matter where he is asked to play. He gave us five good years and made 147 competitive appearances.

Scott Murphy has signed for Gartcairn from Cumbernauld United. I knew that one was a possibility a few weeks ago, but didn't think Murphy would go there as there was interest from Super League clubs as well as staying at Cumbernauld as an option. Interesting to see players like Murphy, Duke, Bishop and Kilmartin being willing to drop down from the Super Leagues to the Central District Division Two.

Scott Murphy has signed for Gartcairn from Cumbernauld United. I knew that one was a possibility a few weeks ago, but didn't think Murphy would go there as there was interest from Super League clubs as well as staying at Cumbernauld as an option. Interesting to see players like Murphy, Duke, Bishop and Kilmartin being willing to drop down from the Super Leagues to the Central District Division Two.

Guess it's his hometown team ? still a whole batch of players moving down so many leagues is an intriguing one , think we are looking at the best quality player wise central 2nd division in my lifetime anyway.

Boys are moving to where mates are and local teams. Its an exciting time in my area with gartcairn and its all boys who know and run about with each other and want to play with a local team and be a part of history of the first boys with a new local team

Boys are moving to where mates are and local teams. Its an exciting time in my area with gartcairn and its all boys who know and run about with each other and want to play with a local team and be a part of history of the first boys with a new local team

Plus a few £££s.

Plus a few £££s.

Scotty is a fantastic signing for us, It was nothing to do with money for him it was all about the fact we are his local team and he knows we will be very well organised, He knows he will enjoy his football and all of his family and friends will be able to pop along and watch.

Agreed and it's all about what gives you an edge.

Players following their mates to sign with your club & as I've found with ourselves this season even more is our ex players relaying how well they're treated at our club to guys they've played with previously and that's clinched a few deals for sure for us when bigger clubs have came calling.

Of course loads of guys chase the money but if you can get the word out that your a welcoming club that treats players well then its advantageous. .

Haha seem to be only local boy not there.

Raging :angry:

welcome anytime lol

Happy JC now :)

Haha seem to be only local boy not there.

Jon you are roughly the same age as me , now my mind is maybe playing tricks on me but i am sure i played against tam in schools football and he went to all saints , so he was a north glasgow boy ?? :P

Raging :angry:

Happy JC now :)

Jon you are roughly the same age as me , now my mind is maybe playing tricks on me but i am sure i played against tam in schools football and he went to all saints , so he was a north glasgow boy ?? :P

OK 1 or 2 exceptions lol and cheers army I'll get along to games when I can mate

Very true. One of the nicest guys you could meet. Can play well in any position asked of him and does it without a moan. Best of luck to him.

Archived