West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

Craig Palmer has done tremendously well to return to playing at the level he is, after such an horrendous injury. Hopefully Brian Eadie can make a similar comeback next season for Glencairn.

What have you heard glensmad? You normally have the gossip

You too RRG?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that figure for super first sides is on high side.

Your Pollok, Hurlford, Talbot, not so much meadow now as they have had to reign it in a bit will have a budget around 100k , each side has there own way of raising that budget.

When we were in the premier 3 or 4 years ago we were spending some cash, around that 100k it must have been but it got us nowhere fast. Now we may have a small budget for a whole host of reasons but as i said in earlier post confident we can compete well in the top league with a great group of players who enjoy playing for the club, while acknowledging it will be tough against the big clubs.

top sides give or take a pound will have a budget of 100k we will be very lucky to have a fifth of that, actually nowhere near a fifth of it. Not an excuse we should be more than capable of competing well and i am confident we will.

RRG 100K? HMRC aware of this cause last I checked was nowhere near! I know your facts are normally pretty accurate!

Think that figure for super first sides is on high side.

Your Pollok, Hurlford, Talbot, not so much meadow now as they have had to reign it in a bit will have a budget around 100k , each side has there own way of raising that budget.

When we were in the premier 3 or 4 years ago we were spending some cash, around that 100k it must have been but it got us nowhere fast. Now we may have a small budget for a whole host of reasons but as i said in earlier post confident we can compete well in the top league with a great group of players who enjoy playing for the club, while acknowledging it will be tough against the big clubs.

???????????? I wish we had £100k budget to spend on players only!

I wish we had £100k budget to spend on players only!

You'll find that it is around that.

It only equates to about £1900 a week

When I was on our committee 4 years ago our annual budget was around £70k & Lok were spending far more than us back then

LADESIDE

You'll find that it is around that.

It only equates to about £1900 a week

When I was on our committee 4 years ago our annual budget was around £70k & Lok were spending far more than us back then

LADESIDE

I can only back this up , pollok will be close to 100K a season easily if not over it.

Personally I don't feel comfy with these figures for pollok and is it sustainable?

I can only back this up , pollok will be close to 100K a season easily if not over it.

Personally I don't feel comfy with these figures for pollok and is it sustainable?

To be fair to Pollok they are a really well run , well supported non league side who will be able to generate that bit more in terms of funds than most teams.

Please trust me on this.

Nope, it is significantly less now than the season we got relegated. Fact! Not going anymore into it. Players are coming to Pollok to play at a good ground, for an excellent manager and to be part of a long term project. The days of Pollok splashing mega bucks went away with the decline of the social club. There has been income from other sources like our 1908 club but it won't match what the social club would have made 10-15 years ago. I can't speak for other clubs, but I think the big two aside there won't be very much between the rest of us. We will be at the upper end to that due to having one of the best supports in the division.

He's a left sided player! I know Wullie spoke with him whilst on holiday so he must be keen to get him in!

As far as I know Willie hasn't been on holiday this summer yet. Do you mean the player he spoke to was on holiday ?

Nope, it is significantly less now than the season we got relegated. Fact! Not going anymore into it. Players are coming to Pollok to play at a good ground, for an excellent manager and to be part of a long term project. The days of Pollok splashing mega bucks went away with the decline of the social club. There has been income from other sources like our 1908 club but it won't match what the social club would have made 10-15 years ago. I can't speak for other clubs, but I think the big two aside there won't be very much between the rest of us. We will be at the upper end to that due to having one of the best supports in the division.

Your annual wage bill will equate to close on 100K a season ?

Yes or no?

Archived