Michael Moffat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't using the thread as an indicator. The 4 fans that commented merely confirmed my thoughts that they are as thick as pigshit, having been proven themselves to be utterly clueless previously.

Well that's just rude, Gordon.

You can't afford to turn your nose up at a 20 goal a season striker ( reference to his record at Ayr United )

Fair point, but after the club supported him through his gambling ban and offered him a coaching job for life type deal, he still chose to leave. I don't blame him at all for trying to further his career, but welcoming him back would be like forgiving your missus for having an affair.

I'd like to see him do well at Dunfermline.

Fair point, but after the club supported him through his gambling ban and offered him a coaching job for life type deal, he still chose to leave. I don't blame him at all for trying to further his career, but welcoming him back would be like forgiving your missus for having an affair.

I'd like to see him do well at Dunfermline.

This.

I doubt Cameron would push the boat out to sign him judging by his comments after he left, I'm pretty sure he'll sit out his deal at Dunfermline, doubt there would be many suitors for him willing to pay the same/more money than he is on now.

Prior to last season Moffat offers you 20 goals a season. Exactly the type of player we need. Not sure if the first time father routine and the travel from Ayrshire to Dunfermline contributed to his lack of form but it could be a factor. Regardless of how and why he left we would be daft not to at least have the conversation should he become available. Saying that McCall may already have 2 or 3 new targets of his own.

My major concern with Moffat is that it's now a season and a half since he was scoring consistently. Not going to complain if he comes back though, always enjoyed watching him play.

Prior to last season Moffat offers you 20 goals a season. Exactly the type of player we need. Not sure if the first time father routine and the travel from Ayrshire to Dunfermline contributed to his lack of form but it could be a factor. Regardless of how and why he left we would be daft not to at least have the conversation should he become available. Saying that McCall may already have 2 or 3 new targets of his own.

He moved up that way. Still reckon he'll see out his contract up there. Are Dunfermline having to go part time? That was rumours that were posted on here by Dunfermline fans

Apparently we asked about taking him back in January but Dunfermline said no.

Whether they want him on the wage bill after the summer is another matter.

Moffat is what is wrong with our coaching summed up in a player.

Why is the most potent striker we have dropping deep, out wide or winning balls then trying to pass into the box when there's nobody there?

Utterly bizarre but still our most intelligent all round player this season. You can't say he never gave 100%.

We should look back at Ayr highlights and play to his strengths before he loses his mojo forever.

His goals alone dragged us through the Roberts era for the first two years, scored consistently for Ayr and Girvan from junior to the first division

Roberts instructions to the players seemed to be minimal, so somehow, being shackled by actual tactics has turned him in to a passenger in the Dunfermline team.

Actual tactics? At the pars?

Archived