Michael Moffat

Blew through his arse. Absolute bombscare of a player. Always looked knackered before he started. Can guess why better not say though.

Why not?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what has happened at the Pars but he is obviously a shadow of the player he was for us.

His goalscoring for us was phenomenal, he always ran his heart out for the team, and despite looking knackered half the time he always found the energy to last the games.

He had skill and he had pace and his finishing was immense.

He was tried out on the wing by Reid, but he was never a winger. He still scored a fair few goals from out there in a league higher than the one he is currently in.

He was the only non rangers player to be nominated for player of the year last season

Be it personal or shit management at Dunfermline something has affected him. You don't become a bad player overnight.

When Dunfermline creamed off the best talent in the division and the team has failed miserably this season, I suspect it is probably more to do with the management

Moffat; when he bangs in 30 next season, there'll be an enquiry into betting patterns. Mark my words.

No m8, Dunfermline are just shite

Moff has to take some blame for repeatedly missing easy chances but he does have to spend so much time back in midfield or out wide that when a chance comes his way he's probably too knackered to think straight.

This happened to him at us as well. It's madness. The guy is an on the shoulder striker who when played in that position historically scores a barrel load. Over thinking managers who have watched a bit too much MOTD start trying to mould him to something he's not and then wonder why his confidence goes. He's a striker and that's all you'll get from him.

Yeah, it's just bad coaching that he's missed so many sitters.

Guy looks like he's been zapped by the Space Jam aliens. We've certainly not got the best out of him to say the least but he should have scored a hell of a lot more goals even with that being said. It's not being clueless about football to criticise a striker for only scoring a goal every seven games FFS.

Not sure how I'd feel about Moff moving back to Ayr if he ever did. He was very much at hero status when he left, and no one can really fault him for going when he did. But he's now had a horrible season at Dunfermline, would he come back and be the same player he was with us or would he be a shadow of his former self that ends up being singled out by the usual sections of the home support that are desperate to have a scapegoat every season.

I'd fear the latter of the two.

I would not rush to re-sign him. He has def lost his mojo and what ever the reason is for that, it may not be found that quickly. We can't afford to take a chance. He was such an important player for us before but I fear that time is well past.

Whatever offer he was made, think we have more pressing needs!

Given the circumstances of his departure from Ayr, I wouldn't ever want him to come back. It's all very well to further your career and take what you perceive to be a step up (going from Ayr to Dunfermline is more of a sideways move), but if it doesn't work out then going back to your old comfort zone at Ayr isn't the solution. I think he'd be better served to get his head down, train hard, win the Dunfermline fans over and then the goals should start coming.

Before your post, 5 Pars fans had commented, one of which was in favour of Moffat. Our average attendance this season was about 2500. I fail to see how 4 out of 2500 qualifies as a 'vast majority'.

Incidentally, from what little I've seen of him, he does seem to be a decent player. It sounds to me that his confidence is absolutely gone though and it's really affected him. He was brought in as a striker and his goal record is shit. Other have pointed out that he's all over the pitch trying to do too much due to lack of supply, and I've seen this a couple of times myself. A good manager would have a word with him and force him to be more disciplined in his role. Hopefully the new manager can do that and we can see a decent return from him.

I also think fans have absolutely no patience these days.

I wasn't using the thread as an indicator. The 4 fans that commented merely confirmed my thoughts that they are as thick as pigshit, having been proven themselves to be utterly clueless previously. Other examples of our pigshit thick fans include:

Many of our fans wanted Jefferies out and demanded that Potter be given his chance now they're saying Jefferies should never have been let go and Potter should never have been allowed anywhere near the first team manager's job.

"Gozie Ugwu was a disgrace and should never be allowed to wear a Pars shirt again"

The same people a month later:

"Why did Potter let Gozie go? He was our top scorer! Disgrace!"

I seem to remember Ian Rush leaving Liverpool for a season for Juventus. Didn't work out. They brought him back and it turned out he was still the best penalty box striker in Europe.

If Moffat was available, we'd be nuts to knock him back.

I wasn't using the thread as an indicator. The 4 fans that commented merely confirmed my thoughts that they are as thick as pigshit, having been proven themselves to be utterly clueless previously. Other examples of our pigshit thick fans include:

Many of our fans wanted Jefferies out and demanded that Potter be given his chance now they're saying Jefferies should never have been let go and Potter should never have been allowed anywhere near the first team manager's job.

"Gozie Ugwu was a disgrace and should never be allowed to wear a Pars shirt again"

The same people a month later:

"Why did Potter let Gozie go? He was our top scorer! Disgrace!"

I think you know my views on a lot of our fans.

The 4 fans that commented merely confirmed my thoughts that they are as thick as pigshit, having been proven themselves to be utterly clueless previously

Thick? I'll have you know that i always get past the first round of cups on FM m8

Edit: Also in my comment i simply stated the facts, not my issue if you get upset by them.

Archived