Michael Moffat

For me the biggest disappointment / surprise of this season .

At Ayr Utd probably ,imo, the best striker in the league for the last few seasons.

Was it lack of confidence , lack of form or just being part of a poor Dunfermline .

Take him at Stair Park any day .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to me like he needs to work on his crossing from the left if he wants to keep playing out on that wing.

imbecile

"a stupid person."

A player doesn't just turn shit after one season. He was playing about 3 positions at the one time during matches and the squad around him was utter pish.

Some of his finishing has been brutal though, you can't defend that. No confidence and probably couldn't handle the expectations of the club. Wouldn't mind if his contract was up but we've got him for another year.

Could potentially see his contract being terminated 'by mutual agreement' in the next few weeks as he seems to have gone backwards this season and seems out his depth. I reckon if he could go back a year and take the contract that was on offer at Ayr he wouldn't think about it for more than a few minutes before accepting.

Interesting summer ahead for Moff, good luck to him whatever happens.

Could potentially see his contract being terminated 'by mutual agreement' in the next few weeks as he seems to have gone backwards this season and seems out his depth. I reckon if he could go back a year and take the contract that was on offer at Ayr he wouldn't think about it for more than a few minutes before accepting.

Interesting summer ahead for Moff, good luck to him whatever happens.

If he is released from Dunfermline and Ayr were to offer him a contract, it won't be anything near what was offered by Roberts. The one he was offered was a very good deal. Don't think McCall would offer the same.

Moffat was a good player in an average Ayr team. However, his goal scoring record with us was fantastic. One bad season doesn't make him a bad player. He moved away from home to full time football and has a kid now so that may be a factor. Would I take him back? Possibly but as Callum says the deal will be nowhere near what he was offered last year. It's all up to Dunfermlines new boss what happens and based on this season I can't see him moving up the leagues.

His goals alone dragged us through the Roberts era for the first two years, scored consistently for Ayr and Girvan from junior to the first division

Roberts instructions to the players seemed to be minimal, so somehow, being shackled by actual tactics has turned him in to a passenger in the Dunfermline team.

I would give him another season. He's a good player but seems to come far too deep. He also missed some amount of chances.

He's had a poor season, no doubt about it

However, I think with a couple of goals he is capable of going on a run. He needs more confidence so hopefully after a good pre season he can come back firing.

shackled by actual tactics

I think you've hit the nail on the head for most of our problems this season. Over-complicating everything. At the end of Jefferies' time we had players out of position all over the park and players absolutely flying in the u20s in their correct roles. It looked a simple task for Potter to come in and just sort out the obvious problems. Instead he went even more bonkers than Jefferies.

Moff has to take some blame for repeatedly missing easy chances but he does have to spend so much time back in midfield or out wide that when a chance comes his way he's probably too knackered to think straight. I'd rather see a new manager try and get him back in the groove than simply try and move him on.

The vast majority of our fans are as thick as pigshit. This thread confirms that.

Before your post, 5 Pars fans had commented, one of which was in favour of Moffat. Our average attendance this season was about 2500. I fail to see how 4 out of 2500 qualifies as a 'vast majority'.

Incidentally, from what little I've seen of him, he does seem to be a decent player. It sounds to me that his confidence is absolutely gone though and it's really affected him. He was brought in as a striker and his goal record is shit. Other have pointed out that he's all over the pitch trying to do too much due to lack of supply, and I've seen this a couple of times myself. A good manager would have a word with him and force him to be more disciplined in his role. Hopefully the new manager can do that and we can see a decent return from him.

I also think fans have absolutely no patience these days.

Archived