The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Sounds as if he'll be in and around our first team next season. I liked him when watching in the 20s. He stood out physically as well at times.

Where was he predominantly playing?

Straight through the centre of midfield. Was surprised to get him back on loan in January, especially after you lost GMS and Armstrong.

If he can add a little more consistency to his game, I'd be astonished if he isn't around your first team next season.

He was absolutely desperate to finish with a goal on Saturday and had pot shots from all areas. Shame he never got it as he's been a standout for me this year.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are still a few other clubs looking for a manager, so I wouldnt get too excited just yet.

But on the topic of Bollan, has he really earned a move to a bigger club/full time yet? Especially when they'd have to pay out one year of his contract? I don't think he has personally. There is no doubt he has good skills with minimal resources, but when you look at the start of the seasons horrible run in, Bollan was massively at fault for bringing in such a poor team. Of course if Ballantyne made the funds available to Bollan we could've kept some of the previous seasons squad but all the good players stepped up to a higher level who would've offered more than us regardless (Stefan, Buchanan, Barr). Bollan failed to prepare a team at the start of the season ready enough to challenge at the bottom of this league and some of the players brought in were junior-esque (need I mention Berstingl). When he first came in it took us too long to get going too. Ballantyne needs to make money available to him earlier this year to allow him more time to prepare. I think the discussions about making season tickets available earlier like Albion Rovers is a good one. But he was given money in the summer last year and did on his part fail to bring in a good enough squad with the minimal resources. The loan signings turned our season around again (Ben, Luca, Fraser, Lindsay). It is promising to hear him say that he has learned his lesson and needs to start better so let's hope if he does stay we can start as we usually end and make a challenge at the title!

Even if the season tickets were put on sale earlier, I doubt any of the money raised from the sale of these would be put towards the playing budget. We are worse off financially going into this coming season than we have been in the previous two seasons.

The sale of Tony Watt provided the necessary funds to run the club two seasons ago, while the home games against Rangers provided the funds for last season. There was no additional income came into the club last season so the player budget is likely to be smaller than the previous two seasons.

Can't decide if no news is good news or not.

Scarily quiet on all fronts - badge, manager future & player recruitment.

To be fair it has only been 11 days since the season finished, players who are wanted will have been offered new contracts and will be weighing up their options, and Bollan is under contract for another year so unless someone wants to pay us for him then the club don't really need to comment on speculation, with regards to the badge though I must agree it is starting to get a bit concerning

I wouldn't be too quick to worry about Morton fans opinions.

Just think how bad they said Fitzpatrick was and how good they think Lamie is.

Fitzpatrick is a complete no-mark (see what i did there), hence why he's playing for a diddy outfit, such as Airdrie.

Still lagging in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

Gutted for you.

Fitzpatrick is a complete no-mark (see what i did there), hence why he's playing for a diddy outfit, such as Airdrie.

Still lagging in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

Gutted for you.

You will be back, feel free to call in when you are stuck at the bottom of the Championship unable to buy a point

Archived