The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

You will be back, feel free to call in when you are stuck at the bottom of the Championship unable to buy a point

I'll not be calling in with anyone lagging behind the likes of Forfar, Stranraer and Brechin, thanks.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitzpatrick is a complete no-mark (see what i did there), hence why he's playing for a diddy outfit, such as Airdrie.

Still lagging in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

Gutted for you.

Trying too hard.

Won't be surprised to see another Thistle player loaned to Airdrie for next season. Haven't seen the United boy Fraser play but if Airdrie are looking for a replacement central midfielder, I reckon we'll be looking to put David Wilson out next year so he could be a candidate. He's a wee bit slight but carries the ball really well, can drift past players in a fashion not too dissimilar to Chris Erskine and has a decent range of passing. The other candidate could be Declan McDaid but no guarantee that he'll be available, seems to be favoured in the first team so will depend on who leaves/arrives.

I expect Lindsay will be on the fringes of the first team next season; he's had two solid loan spells now and showed up reasonably well against Dundee United in January. As I alluded to in another post, I think it's unlikely that we'll be retaining Richards-Everton for next season so he could make a return - whether that would be welcome or not though, I'm not quite sure.

Scott gray and nathan blockley have been released, not official yet.

As far as I'm aware, no decisions have been made yet, and will not be made until after the manager has met with the chairman which to my knowledge hasn't happened either.

As far as I'm aware, no decisions have been made yet, and will not be made until after the manager has met with the chairman which to my knowledge hasn't happened either.

That decision has already been made, it was made last Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Buchanan signing for Morton apparently. Hope he's better than Milojevic. He was poor. I hear that Crighton is signing for Airdrie! I think he pulled Mlojevic down! Lamie is better than both IMHO.

Pleased Gilfillan stayed, was a good addition this year. Think Bollan likes him in midfield but he'll do a job at the back if we don't get anyone decent in for the start of the season, could maybe fill in there for a couple of months until loanees become available like this season.

Crighton would be more of an unknown, Morton fans slated him all season but they've also slated Milojevic who was great with us. Within a system where he would get more protection and be under less scrutiny I think he'd be a decent signing for this level. For all the mocking he's had, he was part of a title winning defence.

Buchanan signing for Morton apparently. Hope he's better than Milojevic. He was poor. I hear that Crighton is signing for Airdrie! I think he pulled Mlojevic down! Lamie is better than both IMHO.

Got to say I'm not totally sold on Buchanan, he was solid for us in the second half of last season (but as mentioned above, so was Milojevic, they were equally as good that season) and Dunfermline fans seem to be happy with him this season, but I think that's partly down to him just being decent relative to the utter crap they've had to watch. He's been poor every time I've seen him this season, particularly in the last game of the season where he was at fault for two goals.

His career has been a slow steady improvement so he may make the step up fine, but he's still a work in progress for that level. Will be interesting to see how he gets on if he goes there.

Archived