The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Fully agree with this assessment of the player. Can't believe our fans who've seen legends like Sammy Conn and Kenny Black play that position would accept that level of mediocrity.

Who said the fans accepted it, maybe the fans just realise he is playing week in week out and realise getting on the guys back won't help. Fitz did have a good game on Saturday and also I would rather get behind fitz and the team on saturday as we have a real chance at the play offs which a lot of you on here wrote of even last week. It is a big ask but for a lot of those players who won't be at Airdrie next year they can leave with their heads held high if they get us in the play offs. The objective was to get in the play offs and it's a possibility. I have heard fans say we don't want go up this year that's bollocks you should always want to better yourself.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Hope that "a lot of those players who won't be at Airdrie next year" do not have contracts that expire following the last scheduled league game, remember when we unexpectedly qualified for the playoffs only to find that the full squad were out of contract!

I Hope that "a lot of those players who won't be at Airdrie next year" do not have contracts that expire following the last scheduled league game, remember when we unexpectedly qualified for the playoffs only to find that the full squad were out of contract!

Yeah I remember that well. I don't se this group of players being like some of players we had back then I don't se prunty , Lister ,parry holding the club to ransom. We actually have some players who have the clubs best interests at heart. I actually believe the players would relish the play offs in past we were fancied to win the play offs this time we would be the underdogs and we all know that tag works well for us.

Looks like Jamie Bain is set to get a full time deal. Papers this morning saying he is off at the end of the season along with Parry and Cox and he has taken to twitter to state that stories about him leaving Airdrie are complete lies.   

Looks like Jamie Bain is set to get a full time deal. Papers this morning saying he is off at the end of the season along with Parry and Cox and he has taken to twitter to state that stories about him leaving Airdrie are complete lies.

That's not to say he won't be away at the end of the season. It could just be that a decision on his future hasn't been made yet and for the papers to say he will be away is not entirely accurate. As far as I know, Jamie is an electrician so...

That's not to say he won't be away at the end of the season. It could just be that a decision on his future hasn't been made yet and for the papers to say he will be away is not entirely accurate. As far as I know, Jamie is an electrician so...

Your way wrong, he helps out with his dad who delivers with farm foods .

Meant to say Alan lithgow been offered a contract apparently

Vicious rumour mongering mate. Obviously someone who wants to humiliate us taking the piss. No way on earth anyone at our club would sanction this after announcing the new policy re. age, etc., and after letting the likes of Cox go. Iain King is a B-Licence coach there's clearly no way he'd offer a f/t deal to someone so inadequate either.

Not buying that rumour

Vicious rumour mongering mate. Obviously someone who wants to humiliate us taking the piss. No way on earth anyone at our club would sanction this after announcing the new policy re. age, etc., and after letting the likes of Cox go. Iain King is a B-Licence coach there's clearly no way he'd offer a f/t deal to someone so inadequate either.

Not buying that rumour

I quite like lithgow thought he has been our best defender this season, no matter what he's done in the past you can't rule out that he's a good player. I hope the rumour is true.

I quite like lithgow thought he has been our best defender this season, no matter what he's done in the past you can't rule out that he's a good player. I hope the rumour is true.

So you're either his agent or his mum?   The guy is as slow as an arthritic elephant, can't pass, and has been responsible for some of the worst defending since Frank Conway, apart from that he's been as good as you say.

The thread seems to be alive with hope that Lithgow, Lister and Bain are being offered new deals to stay on full time.

Let's remember that the Chairman and Chief Executive clearly stated that we'll be all full time next year, 16 f/t players and 8 apprentices.   We were told that the players wouldn't be part time and we were also told about the 26 y/o cut off.  We can see already with Parry that there's no place or room for movement on the f/t v. p/t thing. 

We really need to stop being so needy and let the club rebuild now and trust them.   Mr. King is a B-Licence holder and can surely see how useless Lithgow and Bain are,  does anyone think for a minute he'd risk his new career for stupid move like that?

Sit back, relax and see what the summer gives us.   Any signings of Lithgow or Lister will mean that the club's philosophy they sold to us was a sham.

As I said, not happening on so many levels.

He was our best defender and I would be happy if we signed him. His attitude has been spot on.

So you're either his agent or his mum? The guy is as slow as an arthritic elephant, can't pass, and has been responsible for some of the worst defending since Frank Conway, apart from that he's been as good as you say.

The thread seems to be alive with hope that Lithgow, Lister and Bain are being offered new deals to stay on full time.

Let's remember that the Chairman and Chief Executive clearly stated that we'll be all full time next year, 16 f/t players and 8 apprentices. We were told that the players wouldn't be part time and we were also told about the 26 y/o cut off. We can see already with Parry that there's no place or room for movement on the f/t v. p/t thing.

We really need to stop being so needy and let the club rebuild now and trust them. Mr. King is a B-Licence holder and can surely see how useless Lithgow and Bain are, does anyone think for a minute he'd risk his new career for stupid move like that?

Sit back, relax and see what the summer gives us. Any signings of Lithgow or Lister will mean that the club's philosophy they sold to us was a sham.

Said myself bain ,Lister,prunty and possibly both centre half's would get offered contract can't wait to say I told you so. Think you might find your in minority in regards to holding on to Lister the vast majority of fans want him to stay.

So you're either his agent or his mum? The guy is as slow as an arthritic elephant, can't pass, and has been responsible for some of the worst defending since Frank Conway, apart from that he's been as good as you say.

Let's remember that the Chairman and Chief Executive clearly stated that we'll be all full time next year, 16 f/t players and 8 apprentices. We were told that the players wouldn't be part time and we were also told about the 26 y/o cut off. We can see already with Parry that there's no place or room for movement on the f/t v. p/t thing.

We really need to stop being so needy and let the club rebuild now and trust them. Mr. King is a B-Licence holder and can surely see how useless Lithgow and Bain are, does anyone think for a minute he'd risk his new career for stupid move like that?

Sit back, relax and see what the summer gives us. Any signings of Lithgow or Lister will mean that the club's philosophy they sold to us was a sham.

Can't remember the chairman saying there would be a definite cut off at 26. I am sure he said it would be round about 26. So if Lithgow signed at 28 don't think it would be that far out.

And with any proposals there is always room for manoeuvre.

Archived