The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might not see why lining up EWB matters, but it does.

EWB was brought in, we all called it, to be the next manager. The rumour mill got stronger when a random Dundonian posted it a month before Bollan went. So EWB was hanging over Bollans head like the sword of damocles while we waited on the chairman acting. We as paying customers were subjected to a half hearted effort from Bollan while the chairman played the waiting game. Eventually he got his will, came out with the F/T announcement and brought in F/T players in an obvious show of backing up EWB. But what has actually improved? The league position? No. The standard of football? No The tactics? Certainly not. I get that EWB might need time to sculpt his own team, but in my mind he's not using the tools he has as well as he could. Highly rated youngsters out the door and the Watt debacle do not build confidence here.

I'd have much preferred if the chairman had paid off Bollans remaining contract and been straight about what was happening. The whole affair looks shoddy.

Anyway, I think the talk of them having "an agenda" is way off the mark. As has been said, people have legitimate concerns which they'd like addressed. It's absolutely marvelous they're prepared to do that, but I guess they'll be aware they'll never please everyone. I hope they do continue with the Q&A nights. I hope EWB makes a success of it - and if he does I'm big enough to accept that I was wrong. However, I'm still very skeptical that he's got what it takes, or indeed that the players are buying into him. I've no Idea why TW bought into this club or what his personal motivation behind this is - I'm not cynical of it - but I do know it'll cost him. If he think's he can bring through players and make cash, I think he's daft, but good luck to him. If he's in it for a vanity project - good luck to him. If he's in it as an act of philanthropy, then good luck to him! I just want a successful Airdrie.

ETA - Cooper81, if you want to pick me up from the midlands and take a speeding fine getting me up the road, I'll happily to to the meeting.

I still don't think it matters. I don't see why it would be a half-hearted effort from Bollan, surely the fact he knew his days were numbered would motivate him even more to prove them wrong and/or earn a job at another club. The club wanted rid of him clearly, got rid of him for nothing and got their own man in for no cost, from their point of view they played a blinder. I don't know how much Bollan was earning, but I can't imagine we have 6 months worth of manager's wages available to pay up his contract, and if we do I'd much rather that was spent on a few players.

I'm not arguing for or against the appointment of EWB as that remains to be seen how he'll do, but the club are entitled to get in the man who they feel will do the best job and they did that. It's absolutely no different to lining up players to sign to replace your current players, which every club in existence does all the time. The FT announcement after Bollan was gone was presumably because the whole plan relied on having a manager willing/able to go full-time (surely proof they were wanting rid of Bollan), once EWB was in they could do that. Whether their plans will work we will see, but they obviously had a 'vision' and within a year have got virtually everything in place, without having to pay the manager off and whilst keeping the team in the same positon as they were before Bollan left - which without significantly overhauling the squad is all we can expect. Dunfermline, Ayr and Peterhead have better players than us, we should finish 4th/5th and probably will. This season was always going to be a holding pattern while things were put in place, yes that's not good for us paying money to watch it, but I don't see what the alternative was really if we want there to be proper change at the club.

I still don't think it matters. I don't see why it would be a half-hearted effort from Bollan, surely the fact he knew his days were numbered would motivate him even more to prove them wrong and/or earn a job at another club. The club wanted rid of him clearly, got rid of him for nothing and got their own man in for no cost, from their point of view they played a blinder. I don't know how much Bollan was earning, but I can't imagine we have 6 months worth of manager's wages available to pay up his contract, and if we do I'd much rather that was spent on a few players.

Not going to argue the point anymore as we obviously disagree. You think the affair was handled well .I don't. You think it's OK for the club to bring in someone to undermine the manager. I don't. You think the manger would be motivated by being undermined. I don't.

Guys thanls for Liam Watt - what an insprational piece of business for us.

A box to box player who has some nice moves and can score. 3 in 2 for us.

Cheers

PS got anyone else you don't want?

We have this cracking striker called Dylan Mackin if you fancy it?

Extremely mobile, a colossus in the air, great touch and a ruthless finisher.

Let me know and I'll drive him up to Glebe just now.

What is Airdrie10's crime?

He said an agent is at the heart of the club and the club deny it though admit he is representing players but deny how important he is. Crucially the chairman says that he personally recommended one of the agents players which is bizarre. Another is now part of the mgmt structure.

Airdrie10 also dropped the Watt bombshell first. And so far is the only one with the Livi information.

I fail to see his crime. Looks like he's been right so far on most counts.

What is the big deal?

If Mr Love is merely an agent, why has he been standing at the side of the park on numerous occasions watching the first team training. Does anyone know if this is common practice from an agent.

We have this cracking striker called Dylan Mackin if you fancy it?

Extremely mobile, a colossus in the air, great touch and a ruthless finisher.

Let me know and I'll drive him up to Glebe just now.

I'll come with you. In fact, we should probably take a few folk if we're bringing Liam back with us. The Brechin folk aren't going to let him go without a fight. Our lot on the other hand...

If Mr Love is merely an agent, why has he been standing at the side of the park on numerous occasions watching the first team training. Does anyone know if this is common practice from an agent.

It is not completely uncommon I have went to many reserve games be amazed at how many people that went ?

I'll come with you. In fact, we should probably take a few folk if we're bringing Liam back with us. The Brechin folk aren't going to let him go without a fight. Our lot on the other hand...

Being Airdrie fan I remember a fan moan mackay stevens on the stomp moan bollan they got their wish moan ballaytynes got their wish moan Taylor Morgan got their wish.moan Liam watt sometimes our fans are way to harsh.

You might not see why lining up EWB matters, but it does.

EWB was brought in, we all called it, to be the next manager. The rumour mill got stronger when a random Dundonian posted it a month before Bollan went. So EWB was hanging over Bollans head like the sword of damocles while we waited on the chairman acting. We as paying customers were subjected to a half hearted effort from Bollan while the chairman played the waiting game. Eventually he got his will, came out with the F/T announcement and brought in F/T players in an obvious show of backing up EWB. But what has actually improved? The league position? No. The standard of football? No The tactics? Certainly not. I get that EWB might need time to sculpt his own team, but in my mind he's not using the tools he has as well as he could. Highly rated youngsters out the door and the Watt debacle do not build confidence here.

I'd have much preferred if the chairman had paid off Bollans remaining contract and been straight about what was happening. The whole affair looks shoddy.

Anyway, I think the talk of them having "an agenda" is way off the mark. As has been said, people have legitimate concerns which they'd like addressed. It's absolutely marvelous they're prepared to do that, but I guess they'll be aware they'll never please everyone. I hope they do continue with the Q&A nights. I hope EWB makes a success of it - and if he does I'm big enough to accept that I was wrong. However, I'm still very skeptical that he's got what it takes, or indeed that the players are buying into him. I've no Idea why TW bought into this club or what his personal motivation behind this is - I'm not cynical of it - but I do know it'll cost him. If he think's he can bring through players and make cash, I think he's daft, but good luck to him. If he's in it for a vanity project - good luck to him. If he's in it as an act of philanthropy, then good luck to him! I just want a successful Airdrie.

ETA - Cooper81, if you want to pick me up from the midlands and take a speeding fine getting me up the road, I'll happily go to the meeting.

Well what annoys me is fans question the chairman why not just give the guy a chance. I understand people can't go to the meeting if that's the case just go and ask guy when your at your next Airdrie game could you ask him some questions.

Dunno. Maybe it's a conspiracy.

The guy is a football agent isn't it normal for agent to go to matches make contacts se how the players on their books is doing maybe he is a friend of toms but running the club no chance if so give some facts other than being at a game or watching training as that proves nothing.

The guy is a football agent isn't it normal for agent to go to matches make contacts se how the players on their books is doing maybe he is a friend of toms but running the club no chance if so give some facts other than being at a game or watching training as that proves nothing.

The only time you seem to come out with anything worth reading it's about your denial of Alan Love having anything to do with the club, the rest of the time it seems like pointless nonsensical drivel. Strange also that your account was created the day before the interview was released on the website. #justsaying

Archived