Ayr United, what now 2015-16

I think being sent out on loan to prove himself (which he did) only to return to Ki**ie and not get a sniff of football and pumped out on loan again broke him, he wasn't the same player when he came back and he has dropped through the leagues like a stone

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean from a workout point of view, I am sure they are useful enough games for the players but for fans, pre-season friendlies are largely terrible games that tell you nothing about how the team will play the rest of the season and are only really interesting if you get a foreign team or a biggish English team.

There's little chance of Ayr getting a foreign team or a big English team though. We've had a couple in recent years but unfortunately we're not an attractive prospect for those types of teams to give their players a run out.

There's little chance of Ayr getting a foreign team or a big English team though. We've had a couple in recent years but unfortunately we're not an attractive prospect for those types of teams to give their players a run out.

What about Emley?

What about Emley?

The Emley we signed Hurst and Reynolds from no longer exists, was wound up last year. After a good run, they were forced to move to Wakefield as their ground was going to cost to much to upgrade to keep them in the league. They changed name to Wakefield-Emley which people weren't happy with then started to slide back down the leagues again before folding.

There is a new AFC Emley which started up after the reserve team (which played at the old ground after the 1st team moved to Wakefield) stopped as the reserve league they played in stopped running.

I am fully aware the original post was tongue in cheek, however just looked them up out of interest to see where abouts they were league wise / level now, and thought people might be interested to know

I say interested to know, when in fact i mean if you are as sad as me it might be of interest to you, but in general people wont be bothered in the slightest

The Emley we signed Hurst and Reynolds from no longer exists, was wound up last year. After a good run, they were forced to move to Wakefield as their ground was going to cost to much to upgrade to keep them in the league. They changed name to Wakefield-Emley which people weren't happy with then started to slide back down the leagues again before folding.

There is a new AFC Emley which started up after the reserve team (which played at the old ground after the 1st team moved to Wakefield) stopped as the reserve league they played in stopped running.

I am fully aware the original post was tongue in cheek, however just looked them up out of interest to see where abouts they were league wise / level now, and thought people might be interested to know

I say interested to know, when in fact i mean if you are as sad as me it might be of interest to you, but in general people wont be bothered in the slightest

does Glynn Hurst have a son? Lets sign him.

Murphy signs up and Forrest signing an extension for a further year on Twitter.

Does that mean Forrest is signed up till the end of next season? If so that's us got Crawford, Donald, Trouten and Boyle all signed up for another 2 seasons.

Archived