Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares, players move on and are replaced. Can't hold anything against the player or Ayr fans for that, and from what I've heard the Club weren't given the chance to make him an offer. He decided he was going and that was that. Big deal.

Cracking signing for you. Don't begrudge Boyle at all. Most likely getting more money and a longer contract. Would be daft not to go for it.

Just disappointed in the club for not offering a better deal that would have convinced him to stay.

I didn't think Trouten was very good first time around, will be dissapointed if he signs again.

He's scored 38 league goals in 68 appearances for Brechin since leaving us. Not sure why anyone would be disappointed with us signing a player with a goal record like that. I wasn't his biggest fan when he was at Ayr but I don't think Brian Reid used him to the best of his abilities and he did have injury troubles if I remember rightly.

Always good to weaken a rival, too.

I didn't think Trouten was very good first time around, will be dissapointed if he signs again.

I agree with the sentiment of your post Sarge but I'll give him a clean sheet, hopefully McCall's style of football can bring out the best of the boys abilities rather than what we got for the majority of his last spell in a defence minded team.

If you don't want a player that has scored 50 goals in 3 seasons for a team that has been around the play offs/title from midfield then you need your head tested. Yes his last spell at the club wasn't successful, however, different time, different team, different manager.

Archived