Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Against Dunfermline, Murphy was the only player who moved the ball forward with any purpose, his reading of the game is some of the best I have ever seen in Scottish football.

He occasionally gets caught on the wrong side of players and doesn't have the pace to get back, but we would be a worse team regardless of who we would get in to replace him if he left.

If Caldwell goes it will more than likely be his choice, he is probably equal or more capable than Preston and would be a club asset if he got a decent run and hit form.

I would expect Stevenson to be a loan signing if he moves to Ayr, we have 5 center halfs who have played first team football for the club so signing a sixth, with Adams also capable of playing there seems odd considering Fleming is back to his early season form and we could potentially lose all 3 forwards in the window.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we will lose Preston as he wont get a game for Blackburn and will probably move on at the end of his contract.

Moore is a possibility as McGhee might look to strengthen although they have McFadden, Robinson and McDonald so they aren't short of options.

Caldwell will probably go and may end up signing for a team in this division.

Still think we need a winger as Donald is the only one in the squad and his confidence seems to have gone.

Oh sorry must have missed the mistakes he made in the game against Dunfermline last week

Watch the highlights again, it's Murphy who gets caught underneath the ball allowing Moffat through on goal for his dive.

And if I was an Ayr fan I wouldn't be keen on his positioning for our second goal, he's sitting about 5-10 yards behind everyone else but he's not actually in a position to cover anyone's run, he just bizarrely starts backing off.

Anybody who genuinely believes Murphy is a liability clearly needs to be assessed by a medical professional.

Thankfully itzdrk is just having a larff.

He really isn't 'just having a larff'.

Grant, with perhaps the only sensible thing he's ever said on here, highlights the problem with Murphy with an excellent example. Yes, his long- to mid-range distribution is excellent; yes, he is very comfortable on the ball (too comfortable at times) but, in my opinion, he's a player who spent the majority of his career in midfield but his legs have gone and it shows. In possesion he looks like a classy centre-back but when forced to defend, mark men, make challenges (i.e. he isn't able to read the game and intercept) he is found wanting.

Not a liability by any means but nowhere near as good as people make out.

Based on the wonderful news coming out of Somerset Park this evening, I would like to take this opportunity to wish Dunfermline, & the other 2 clubs from this league who'll be in the end of season playoffs, all the very best for this competition & really hope one of them are victorious and are able to join us in the Championship next season.

A lot hanging on this for the rogues of South A*rshire. Good signing, still 2 games against the Pars. Although I wonder about his temperament. Still a lot of points to be won but if the Pars have a good festive season, I can't see past them for the title.

Good bit of business by Mccall thought stevo did a decent job from time to time but enough to justify a continued inclusion in our team, hope he does a good job for yous, well I do like yous a whole lot more than your shite Ayrshire counterparts can't bring myself to even type there name

Archived