Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Just brings all the nightmares back, what a waste of oxygen to the rest of humanity Brown was / is.

Has to be the most unenjoyable time to witness a team of pretty talanted boys being bullied and uncoached to relegation. Considering the dross we have had in recent years that is saying something!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most interesting part of his Reign of Error was the fact most of us genuinely felt for the players....in particular Pat Clarke (striker, wide left, centre-fucking-half!!!) and to a lesser degree no hopers like Ricky Waddell and Wully Sawyers being tossed into the team as the poster-boys, when palpably out of their depth. As said previous, much ado is made about players not taking responsibility (and i dont mean being in the papers pleading for criticism to keep them in the shop window) but watching that p***k tear into anyone who had the audacity to try something, anything, to get us out of the shit was disturbing.

Says it all when this thread is 80 odd pages and match v Berwick which is far far more important is largely ignored. I'm not overly interested in off field agendas. Time to move on and start supporting team on park, tho some folk will always find an excuse not to go.

Says it all when this thread is 80 odd pages and match v Berwick which is far far more important is largely ignored. I'm not overly interested in off field agendas. Time to move on and start supporting team on park, tho some folk will always find an excuse not to go.
Very true! STOFO
Since the match thread began, there have been 26 posts on it.....in the same timescale, 38 posts have been recorded in this thread (specifically FOR Clyde matters.....which are more important than any one game.....) several of which have been from Shettleston supporters and the guy with the Trouten interview. Do we just hang back now on discussing anything but 'current on-field matters'??? Criticise the 80 pages if you think they're full of shite if you like...but at least make a relevant comparison. Was there this desire to 'STOFO' after the Cup debacle.......

Just listening to the podcast and it's shocking to listen to some of the things that Brown did with the players.

The players we had that season should have meant we were nowhere near the bottom and with what he done and getting us relegated.

I wonder if the Capuano on the bench today is the younger brother of Guiseppe?

Just listening to the podcast and it's shocking to listen to some of the things that Brown did with the players.

The players we had that season should have meant we were nowhere near the bottom and with what he done and getting us relegated.

I wonder if the Capuano on the bench today is the younger brother of Guiseppe?

I believe so.

I'd expect you'd know. You've wanted Ferguson sacked three times thus far....as have half the support. Not really a lot has changed.....certainly, no more or less than the 7-1 v Shire or reaching the playoffs changed anything, anyway.

^^^^

Raging when we lose, raging when we win!

It could well prove to be another false dawn but the last three results and performances have been great. I thought Barry's time was up after the Formanite debacle coupled with the league games at the time but fair play both him and the players have proven me wrong.

Aye, pure fizzing. In all the post-Formartine discussions, i kept my opinions on the players indivudually to myself. Collectively, things were a fucking disaster. Players come and go, and we've generally carried four or five numpties in every team we've ever had. No point in making things unnecessarily personal the way a fair chunk of fans lay into McLaughlin and McGovern, as they'll leave one day. My concern was the manager....and what of when he leaves, voluntarily or otherwise. I happen to agree with 95% of his aproach, while still maintaining grave doubts about his ability....the 5% was his wee tantrum in the dugout in the Cup tie, and quite simply the fact that it was deemed acceptable. Obviously there are reasons why this is, my question to fellow supporters is; the structure is there to protect the club from exactly that, one mans influence through £££, and with the fortunes up and down like a hoors suspenders, id say its even more precarious that the man at the centre of that us in the dugout. Hardly constitutes protecting the interests of the clubs ownership model, does it???

Archived