Brechin v Stranraer

City taking foot off gas and hopefully rest a few guys , 2 defeats in last 25 games I think players deserve a rest! Can t see Stranraer winning the league today but if you believe in Omens we ve had a fair few team s win leagues or promotion over last few years at ours.......Hopefully Tapping gets a decent run out he looks good in 15 minute spells he's been getting ....

Good luck Stranraer anyone but Morton !!!

Tactically, this is a toughy for Stranraer. They have to go for it but I think they will be paying close attention to the scores from Station Park and Cappielow. If either Forfar or Morton go a couple ahead, I would imagine key players being subbed and others take their foot off the gas. Brechin have no such issues and can field a fringe team.

Tactically, this is a toughy for Stranraer. They have to go for it but I think they will be paying close attention to the scores from Station Park and Cappielow. If either Forfar or Morton go a couple ahead, I would imagine key players being subbed and others take their foot off the gas. Brechin have no such issues and can field a fringe team.

I think teams are more professional now and will just be concerned about getting their own job done. Stranraer will know that nothing other than a win will be good enough for them and will be going for it . Other results mean nothing until 4.50 this afternoon.

As for us fielding a fringe team ? That might have been the case had we the luxury of of a large squad. There might be one or two changes but nothing major.

If Morton or Forfar go a couple up whilst either could blow it and let the other team in, the chances of both of them blowing it are slim. On the other hand, Morton and taking an early lead has only happened three times this season.

As for being professional, I would have thought being professional might mean looking after yourself in a nothing fixture with the far more important play offs in mind.

If Morton or Forfar go a couple up whilst either could blow it and let the other team in, the chances of both of them blowing it are slim. On the other hand, Morton and taking an early lead has only happened three times this season.

As for being professional, I would have thought being professional might mean looking after yourself in a nothing fixture with the far more important play offs in mind.

Players at this level just want to play football .......(well the part time ones do) ........ they don't want to be sitting in the stand. To drop them just because you have an important game coming up could do more harm than good .

Poor stuff , hungrier team won ! Guess that's how today was always gonna go with our better players being rested !! Poor refereeing for both teams Handball from Tapping led to our equalizer , Thommos goal nvr offside and yesa penalty but not a sending off for Stranraers third !! Even playing poorly we still created a few decent chances but if I'm honest we did not deserve it anything ! Hard lines to Stranraer you should ve took your chances last week against Morton. Good luck against Farfar

Players at this level just want to play football .......(well the part time ones do) ........ they don't want to be sitting in the stand. To drop them just because you have an important game coming up could do more harm than good .

Whilst I want us to win every game I am not too bothered with the result - we rested many and gave fringe guys a good run out. The ref was shocking all round and the red card for a hand ball in the box when you are sliding in for a tackle and the ball gets blasted against your arm is mad. Yes a pen but never a red - this red will impact on us this week. First pen very soft and our goal was handled by Tapping and the disallowed goal was never off side.

A run out for Tapping was good - he and Chico looked fine enough; Ferguson, Thomson and Masson all struggled and can not say much about the goalie -nae much opportunity but did note he comes for a lot and has a starting position well off his line.

A strong team for the play offs and we will just have to see what happens - need to get past Alloa but would fancy our chances against Raer with a full team but could nae stand the tension if we had Forfar in a pay off final!

Definite first pen. 2nd pen. Emm handball yes pen and red card well that's charleston for you. With both teams having so many changes I thought our team did really well. No Gallagher, Aitken, Malcolm, McKeown, Longridge, The news of the token red card at cappielow ruined any belief. Well done Stranraer. oh and well done Ayr. Nice to finish 2nd.

If I'm correct I m sure we lost 3 1 to Stenny last season on the last day and conceded 2 pens that day also with Gary Kenneth seeing red?... Keepers distribution was terrible at times put players in danger of injury he looked nervous but had some fine saves as well ! The ref was absolute woeful for both teams Eh ? Two of our players handled blatantly during game out with pen s and he waved play on resulting in our goal on first occasion ! And offside desicion s an absolute belter although that's linesman and not ref who's called that ?

So what about handball then mouthing I think that is why he was sent off imo

The ref was shocking all round and the red card for a hand ball in the box when you are sliding in for a tackle and the ball gets blasted against your arm is mad. Yes a pen but never a red - this red will impact on us this week.

No it was a straight red for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity, the fact that the boy didnt knowingly handball it and it bounced of his leg on to his hand cut know ice with the ref.

Thought Willie G very clever to get the first pen, def handball for the equiliser and a pen but surely shouldnt have been a red for the second penalty.

Correct Jimmy. I said that at the time that the ball deflected off his leg to his arm. First one is stonewaller. I've put a few wee clips of the game on StranraerFCtv YouTube Channel. Ref was dire. How he managed not to see other handballs is bizarre.

Correct Jimmy. I said that at the time that the ball deflected off his leg to his arm.

That is what Bobby Barr was booked for.

I asked last night if our club will be appealing the decision but that is very unlikely due to the cost involved and the SFA's insistence that the ref's interpretation is gospel. These fucking refs have no conscience and will never admit they were wrong.

Bobby Barr was lucky to stay on the pitch. He lost it. Several off the ball kicks when brechin were breaking forward late on. Ref didn't see those either.

That must have been after the 2 times he was taken out , again with no card action from the ref. No much wonder he got frustrated.

We can agree on one thing. The ref was shocking.

Archived