First World Problems

Doing a slightly different lamb dish for dinner that demands feta cheese. My Morrisons (The big one at Stirling) doesn't stock real feta cheese and have instead had to make do with 'Morrisons Savers Greek style Salad Cheese'.

FML.

Because you couldn't be arsed going to Sainsburys or Waitrose instead?

Had Waitrose run out of feta then you could legitimately claim first world problem. But Morrisons?

Not trying hard enough

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

My right shoe is sometimes, but not always, a bit squeaky. It's completely random. It doesn't seem to matter whether I've stood in a puddle or been bone-dry for all of the previous day. Sometimes I think I'm cured and it's not going to squeak any more. Next day I sound like Sweep chatting round the office again. Might have to amputate my foot.

Or take your shoes off in the office like a certain other well-known P&B deviant.

All the cupboards in my kitchen are full of shit we don't need as my mother in law was down a few weeks ago and brought loads of cleaning items and boxes of cereal etc and there just isn't room to put everything away and when I mention it to my Mrs she flips out about it.

Also last night I had to have day old lasagne for dinner and it was fucking rank, I don't think a Syrian migrant would have wanted to eat it.

Ah. Now maybe I've misrepresented myself, or am now going to fuel the confusion.

I, in fact, have TWO sock drawers. (I know, I know, but please bear in mind that this is the First World Problems thread...) One for everyday socks, and a second for those pairs that aren't in everyday circulation - the thick walking socks, kilt socks, trainer liners, etc.

I'd say your solution would be to put the comfy socks in this second drawer and follow the previous instructions for dealing with the everyday wear socks.

You're welcome.

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ah. Now maybe I've misrepresented myself, or am now going to fuel the confusion.

I, in fact, have TWO sock drawers. (I know, I know, but please bear in mind that this is the First World Problems thread...) One for everyday socks, and a second for those pairs that aren't in everyday circulation - the thick walking socks, kilt socks, trainer liners, etc.

I'd say your solution would be to put the comfy socks in this second drawer and follow the previous instructions for dealing with the everyday wear socks.

You're welcome.

Clearly doing it wrong - if you have two sock drawers, one should be for left socks and the other for right socks. 

I keep my most prized socks and my ankle-less sports ones (they are marked L and R) in the upper sock drawer and the general waifs and strays in the lower one.There's a third drawer in another room where I keep an emergency supply. 

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

I don't even have a drawer, just half a shelf. Perhaps one day, I can be like you guys?

Three drawers full, I can't even imagine such exuberance. Even your dog seems to wear socks as if mocking me, somehow.

I still have to do a double-take with the dog sometimes as I think he's wearing white boots. 

Pretty sure I've got in excess of 50 pairs of socks. I like to keep my options open when I'm at work, cause I've like 20 different ties and the socks need to match! It's taken quite some time to find a pair to match my grey tartan tie, but I succeeded.

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

Pretty sure I've got in excess of 50 pairs of socks. I like to keep my options open when I'm at work, cause I've like 20 different ties and the socks need to match! It's taken quite some time to find a pair to match my grey tartan tie, but I succeeded.

It's a joyous moment when you know you've nailed the sock/clothing item combo.