First World Problems

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Attempts to fix the pump on my swimming pool have not succeeded so I am going to have to buy a new one.  There should be Panorama Specials highlighting such problems.

Don't bother with a new pump, just blow it up with a hairdryer. 

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Attempts to fix the pump on my swimming pool have not succeeded so I am going to have to buy a new one.  There should be Panorama Specials highlighting such problems.

I like your style Granny. If you have a vacancy for a Terry from Minder type to ferry you about just give me a shout. 

Wanted to spend the day washing and detailing my classic Golf Gti.

Youngest has chicken pox and won't let me leave her side, she'll no doubt feel better once the weather turns bad again.  Days like this make you wonder if there's any point......

The heated seats in my new car decide to turn the heat down a bit after about 15 mins at full blast. Who the f**k is it to decide that I should be less toasty? A chill descends on me as I realise that my internal organs have dropped below "gently simmering" and have to stab at the button to put the seat back to full blast. If I met the person who designed this seat I would give him a damn good thrashing (I doubt a woman would be so stupid as to have designed it thusly). 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The heated seats in my new car decide to turn the heat down a bit after about 15 mins at full blast. Who the f**k is it to decide that I should be less toasty? A chill descends on me as I realise that my internal organs have dropped below "gently simmering" and have to stab at the button to put the seat back to full blast. If I met the person who designed this seat I would give him a damn good thrashing (I doubt a woman would be so stupid as to have designed it thusly). 

If it gets too hot your crimplene slacks would melt.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Feeling your angst, SP. Last year we replaced our comfortable mid-range Toyota with an Audi and couldn't believe it had no bottom-warming mechanism. Luckily, we still have another Toyota so the Audi can sit outside in the cold until summer.

Just in case 3rd world posters are looking on aghast, brussel sprouts and beans for breakfast will solve any cold bottom problems on early morning drives.

Feeling your angst, SP. Last year we replaced our comfortable mid-range Toyota with an Audi and couldn't believe it had no bottom-warming mechanism. Luckily, we still have another Toyota so the Audi can sit outside in the cold until summer.

Jimmy Calderwood once said "you should never trust the Germans". Now we know why.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bought some new socks and now I have slightly too many.

If you're anything like me, you'll have a decision to make: should you now reject an old faithful pair of socks - possibly imperfect, possibly not a true pair per se - to accommodate the newcomers? They don't understand our difficulty, do they?

My right shoe is sometimes, but not always, a bit squeaky. It's completely random. It doesn't seem to matter whether I've stood in a puddle or been bone-dry for all of the previous day. Sometimes I think I'm cured and it's not going to squeak any more. Next day I sound like Sweep chatting round the office again. Might have to amputate my foot.

My right shoe is sometimes, but not always, a bit squeaky. It's completely random. It doesn't seem to matter whether I've stood in a puddle or been bone-dry for all of the previous day. Sometimes I think I'm cured and it's not going to squeak any more. Next day I sound like Sweep chatting round the office again. Might have to amputate my foot.

Have you tried WD40 ?