First World Problems

9 hours ago, JTS98 said:

That's appalling. Especially since the only real cost to them is a bit more hot water (essentially nothing).

I'd never go back. That kind of thing makes me want to kill people.

The only solution is to arm all the baristas.  You know it makes sense.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:23, GiGi said:

We've only got the best tap water just about anywhere on the planet.

I found that sparkling water is a big thing in Germany, if you ask for water in a restaurant or otherwise they'll give you sparkling unless you specify that you want still water. I don't mind it but heard plenty of people (Americans) complain.

Found this out the hard way when I was in Germany one summer. Had been walking for hours on a roasting day and badly needed a drink, went into a shop for a nice refreshing bottle of water, and have never been as confused in my life. Rather than just sparkling and still they had loads of different types, settled for one that was on a shelf labelled "no gas". Paid for it, went outside took a massive swig and found out it was sparkling, which of course just made me more thirsty, was way too embarrassed to go back into said shop so had to just wander around till we found another one. The worst few minutes of my life

On 23/02/2018 at 16:57, throbber said:

Just back from dentist where I had a scale and polish and a filling and it was a very uncomfortable experience which has left me with a numb mouth. 

Don't take the jag when getting the filling then,  numbness problem solved.