First World Problems

I noticed that it was cold today, possible chance of snow soon. Luckily I managed to withdraw all my savings & purchase 2783 cans of baked beans & 5 loaves. I'm not religious.

I reckon I'm prepared for a lock-in, should the worst happen.

Grimbo

You've forgotten the most important ingredient for a lock-in. Are you going to ferment the beans?

I've finished all I wanted to do on nightshift already and now have 7 hours to kill. I can't even go for a kip because I'm in the office and the fluorescent lights are permanently on.

Ye gads man, where's your spunk?

Get a toilet roll & wrap it around your coupon in a mummified like state & if your in the office use an elastic band or failing that the stapler to secure toilet paper. There ya go, problem solved.

Grimbo

Edited by Grim O'Grady

I've finished all I wanted to do on nightshift already and now have 7 hours to kill. I can't even go for a kip because I'm in the office and the fluorescent lights are permanently on.

Tonight's checklist: toley in boss' desk drawer - done.

Unscrew the bulb(s) enough so that they stay in, but that the light goes off. Make sure to log it as a fault with maintenance in case anybody drops by. Keep your pants on, FFS.

I'm working someone else's shift tomorrow and finish at ten, which means the Subway won't be open, and I have to choose between paying extra for a taxi to get home immediately or wait ~45 minutes for a bus.

What you need is a toilet roll an elastic band & a stapler.

Grimbo

What you need is a toilet roll an elastic band & a stapler.

Grimbo

Sounds to me like Grimbo made some ill-thought out purchases while doing his Christmas shopping and now he's trying to prepare the recipients for disappointment.

My soldiers are slightly underdone and a wee bit too soggy for my perfectly done boiled egg.

Raging.

When this happens I usually spoon out the egg and then roll the soldiers over it to form an envelope and eat it like its a wee ball