First World Problems

This is probably the most apt thread for this story

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42880690

Airline bans Emotional Support Peacock.

Of note in the article

The peacock, reportedly called Dexter, belongs to Brooklyn-based artist Ventiko, who documents its life on social media.

And further 

Airlines have allowed some passengers with emotional or psychiatric problems to take therapy animals on board with them.

But the number of emotional support animals has been rising in recent years, sparking suggestions that people are abusing the system

• 2 weeks later...

I was floating on the noodles in my swimming pool today listening to a relaxing acid jazz compilation on YouTube until the tunes were interrupted by the longest advert I have heard narrated by a guy with one of the most irritating voices I have ever had the misfortune to hear. 

My usual place where I get a coffee at work has changed the policy on loyalty cards.

Your 6th coffee is free. Previously this would include regular or large, now only includes a regular. I have to pay an additional 50p to get an extra shot in my free coffee.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

5 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

My usual place where I get a coffee at work has changed the policy on loyalty cards.

Your 6th coffee is free. Previously this would include regular or large, now only includes a regular. I have to pay an additional 50p to get an extra shot in my free coffee.

That's awful. Surely if you've been buying the large for the previous 5, the large should be free. 

Edited by whiskychimp

• 2 weeks later...

Settled into my lounge pants and kimono for Death in Paradise and just got reminded I've forgotten to take the bins out. Bother! Back on on with the slacks, shirt, tie and blazer. Hope the neighbours don't spot the slippers! Ha ha!

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Settled into my lounge pants and kimono for Death in Paradise and just got reminded I've forgotten to take the bins out. Bother! Back on on with the slacks, shirt, tie and blazer. Hope the neighbours don't spot the slippers! Ha ha!

Every modern man has a ready pair of crocs for such occasions.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Glad you remembered the trousers this time.

Ken-kimono.jpeg

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

Her indoors has two fridges at her work, a small one and a big one. The small one works fine but the big one makes the milk go mouldy by the next day.

Is being married a first world problem?

Heaters on full blast and keep the big fridge door open. That should do the trick.

On 2/12/2018 at 19:17, ShaggysBeard said:

That's appalling. Especially since the only real cost to them is a bit more hot water (essentially nothing).

I'd never go back. That kind of thing makes me want to kill people.